Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 volume level

TubbyP

Hi,

I have Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speaker system (spec pdf) connected to my computer's sound card (SoundBlaster Z) connected via analogue miniplug. The speakers have a physical volume dial that I would like to be my primary means of adjusting volume on the fly.

What is the recommended master volume level that i should be setting my computer volume to?  

When I set the computer volume to 50% or higher the volume is extremely loud even when I have the Klipsch speaker volume dial turned up only 5% of the way.   So I'd need to turn the Klipsch dial fractions of a millimeter every time i wanted to adjust the volume ... not ideal.

Is it ok to turn my computer volume way down without loss of audio quality?  How low?

Thanks

I'd just try turning the computer volume to about 25% or less, and see how it sounds.

You will grow more nimble fingered in manipulating the Klipsch volume control in time.  I love the 2.1, but the volume control is truly it's worst feature.  Sing goddess of the bitter wrath of Achilles.