Sound STAGE

joessportster

While I dont have any Klipsch currently in the house I have been playing with Open Baffles. One major complaint I have had is HEIGHT I was never really able to get any height. I thought with the Single Driver cone at a mere 21 inches off the floor I was pretty much doomed to listen as is basically face to face with the artist. In a fit of frustration I started moving things by feet instead of inches and stumbled on to Sound Stage Nirvana

Set up is like follows.  Speakers are 10 feet apart with no side walls for several feet goes into open kitchen and hallway on the opposite side. I pulled the speakers out 6 feet off the front wall,  My seating Position is 6 feet off the speakers. No Toe in (firing straight forward) Soundstage is easily 20 feet wide now, artist is 6 feet off the floor, some aspects of the music are now 8 feet high. and as you might imagine Sound Stage is very Deep

I have no idea if this would work with Box Speakers but if you enjoy a great sound stage it is certainly worth a try

• Like 1

Of course it works with box speakers as well , not with OB only.

The loudspeakers are correctly set up when the Loudspeaker as acoustical source can no longer be localized. This means that the stage front ,depth and width can be clearly located between the L's and even mixing effects can be heard near the left and right of the speakers.  In addition, the speakers must not only stand free in the room, i.e. away from back and side walls, but also be placed in front of the audio racks rather than between it. Then the depth staggering in the stage image is also projected back and front into the room.

The singer always stands in front of the band, at least during studio productions or on the same level with the band. The solos of certain instruments must be clearly locatable and delimitable.The whole sound spectrum should be balanced at the listening position, from brilliance to sub, and should not have any emphasis in certain FQ spectra, except for the sonic virtues attributed to them, e.g. ... "especially strong bass " . But drums and the bass, the instruments themselves, never tend to hum.