Ebay sniping tools?

jimjimbo

eSnipe https://esnipe.com/

You buy some credits up front and only pay a tiny percentage of the auctions final value IF YOU WIN. If you don't win you don't pay anything. Set it and forget it. Has saved me a ton of anguish over the last 15 years or so. Could not be happier. The even let you go into the hole on your account and let you top it off later. I typically buy $10 of credits at a time and they last 6-12 months....obviously depends on what you are buying and how frequently you win.

Why don't you just bid the max you're willing to spend ahead of time?  Let's say there's an item that the max you want to spend on it is $1,000.  So, you bid $1,000 and you're the high bidder until the last second.  Dang!  I was outbid by only $5!  I wish I would have put $1,010!  When in reality the last-second bidder actually put in a bid for $1,500 so you would have had to bid substantially higher than you're comfortable with in order to actually win the item.

When you bid, bid in odd amounts.  If you're willing to spend $1,000 on an item, put your bid at $1,027.71 or whatever the next minimum bid or two is higher than the $1,000.  That way someone won't able to outbid you by simply the next highest minimum bid.

28 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Why don't you just bid the max you're willing to spend ahead of time?

Please take part in all my auctions😉

It prevents you from getting caught up in the moment like a real auction a day or an hour out. When you max is exceeded.

It prevents sellers with shill accounts from bidding against you to pull more out of you, if no one else is interested.

More reasons for sure. The software would not exist if not a need.

2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Why don't you just bid the max you're willing to spend ahead of time?

That's like laying down your poker hand before the dealer is finished! :)

I usually make offers on BIN items on Ebay these days. Haven't sniped anything in years.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Schu said:

if you're waiting to bid in the last minute anyway, it doesn't save you anything.

Come on Schu,  that's not true. A computer is WAY better at doing something in a split second than any person trying to snipe. The sniping software can also resign you in before a human finger even gets to the keyboard.