Passive and active speakers together?

Lenny

Hello, my name is Len and I'm new here and to audio equipment in general. My question is the following. I have a pair of the Klipsch sixes and was wondering if I could add a pair of passive floor standing speakers to my set up with a receiver? If so how do I go about wiring this? How do I control volume? Will I ruin my sixes? I'm lost and in need of guidance. I look forward to any help 🙏

Don't do it.  If you do a search on the topic you'll find many good reasons not to have more than one pair of speakers recreating the same sound.  If your goal is to have speakers in a different room playing the same audio that's a different story. 

You'll be much better off selling the Sixes and upgrading to higher quality floorstanding speakers.

6 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Don't do it.  If you do a search on the topic you'll find many good reasons not to have more than one pair of speakers recreating the same sound.  If your goal is to have speakers in a different room playing the same audio that's a different story. 

You'll be much better off selling the Sixes and upgrading to higher quality floorstanding speakers.

Thank you 🙏