College Basketball 2020-2021 Covid-19 Style

DizRotus

• 3 weeks later...

My Spartans officially stink.  After beating Duke and being ranked as high as #4, they now lose regularly, including a 67 to 37 drubbing by Rutgers.  Sure Covid-19 is a factor, but all teams are dealing with that.  Izzo can not find a point guard to replace Cassius Winston.  The Spartans will be lucky to make the NCAA tournament.

• Like 1

We got ya Sunday @ 3 on CBS.  I'm not to optimistic though.  OSU scoring/defense is hot and cold.  One minute ahead by 10-15 then 4 minutes later they're down by 10.  Ya can't win playing streaky like that.  Who knows what will shake out.  Tom's one heckuva Coach.

• Like 1

It’s ironic that aside from Gonzaga every Blue Blood program has fallen on its face. Kansas, Duke, NC, Kentucky, MS, are struggling against all competition, hanging on to top 20-25 status. Not a coincidence I’m sure but COVID has certainly taken its toll on the top programs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, richieb said:

It’s ironic that aside from Gonzaga every Blue Blood program has fallen on its face. Kansas, Duke, NC, Kentucky, MS, are struggling against all competition, hanging on to top 20-25 status. Not a coincidence I’m sure but COVID has certainly taken its toll on the top programs.

No doubt.  

• Like 1

Dave @Dave1291 @Dave1290,

I’ll be watching Spartans vs Buckeyes tomorrow at 1PM from Value Center Arena.  I’ll be happy if the Spartans play with some enthusiasm and teamwork, which was lacking against Rutgers.

BTW,  am I correct to understand that you are @Dave1290 and @Dave1291?  If so, which do you use now?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OSUMBB tonight @ 9 on FS1.  Maryland WILL give 'em a run.  Coach Holtman has certainly turned them around from the beginning of the season.  He totally focused on 3-ballers and still does but they better be able to play inside too.  They listen they'll do nothing but get better I think.  He's got two stellar recruits ready for next year.  Ballers ball!

Indiana pulled one off and beat Iowa for the 2nd time this year. I'm still undecided on coach Miller though.

The state of Indiana is preparing for the tournament. And a lot of logistical questions to be worked out. At least all six stadiums are less than an hour from the Indy airport, and four of them are in Indy. I hope to check out a few games, and will concentrate on Butler's Hinkle Fieldhouse. It's an amazing facility. They were going to demolish it back in the 80s, but remodeled it instead. It's the oldest division 1 arena, built in 1928, originally held 15k, now 9100....."Indiana Basketball Cathedral"

11 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Really 15k?  I should Google it, but I’m too lazy.  Did a decimal point go missing, should it be 1.5k?

Nope....15,000. It was the largest arena in the US until 1950. It's old but nice, and a very nice campus, small school of 5k.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinkle_Fieldhouse

Michigan and Ohio State are impressive.  Juwan Howard is proving to be an excellent coach.  I’m especially impressed with The Wolverines’ play after a three week forced layoff.  To be beat the Buckeyes by 6 in Columbus was not easy.

• Like 1