College Basketball 2020-2021 Covid-19 Style

DizRotus

15 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

WVU and Baylor Tuesday, what are you thinking?

WVU gave #1 Gonzaga a run for their money early in the season, losing by 5.  That was then, this is now and our big stud center later left the team and now is at Kentucky.  Huggy bear had to pivot and turn a game plan which featured a huge inside game with a monster rebounding edge to one that now features the guards shooting a lot of 3's.

WVU has a real shot at this and I'm not being a homer.

Baylor is coming off of a 3-week Covid layoff.  The consensus is it takes about 3 games to get back to peak performance and Baylor was shaky in their first two.  WVU will be that third game.  Baylor is coming off their first loss of the year, to Kansas.  Kansas' last loss was to West Virginia at the WVU Coliseum.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30977344/scott-drew-says-no-2-baylor-lacking-rhythm-conditioning-loss-kansas-covid-19-pauses

This will feature #4 Baylor vs #6 WVU, my guess on the rankings come Monday.  WVU is playing the last three makeup games at home before the Big12 tourney.  There will be a few fans allowed, but not 14,000.  Still, playing at home counts for something.  We have a good shooting team and that counts for something.

I'm picking WVU in a close one with the winning score in the 80's.

And yeah, I'm being a homer.  🤣

• Like 2

23 hours ago, wvu80 said:

This will feature #4 Baylor vs #6 WVU, my guess on the rankings come Monday.

Baylor at 18-1 dropped one spot to #3.  Still above #4 Illinois at 18-6.

In the AP Top 25 WVU jumped 4 spots to #6, their highest ranking of the year.  They jumped up 8 spots in the Coaches Poll.

There are some real differences this week between the AP Top 25 and the Coaches Poll.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

• Like 1

Spartans play Wolverines tonight in Ann Arbor.  Michigan is one of the best teams in the country.  The Wolverines are favored by 12.  If U of M wins, they are regular season conference champs.  If the Spartans win, they are probably in the NCAA tournament.

Irrespective of the results tonight, both team tee it up again on Sunday in East Lansing.  It promises to be entertaining.

If my wife, a huge Spartan basketball fan, would let me, I’d mute Vitale and listen to music.  The Spartans are holding their own so far.

And before the punsters attack, my petite wife is a huge fan, not a huge woman.

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2021 at 10:08 PM, Dave1291 said:

Dave, OSU might just be able to help Huggy out since we have Illinois this weekend.  Saturday @ 4 on ESECPN.  They'll have their legs back after last week.  

We could use the help.  Joe Lenardi dropped us from a #2 seed to a #3.  We don't want to go to a #4 seed because in the quarter final brackets #1 plays #4, and 2 plays 3.  It would be nice to get that #2 seed.

• Like 1