College Basketball 2020-2021 Covid-19 Style

DizRotus

4 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

IMO, Michigan has the worst bracket of any #1 seed. Illinois has the best shot at Final Four of any B1G team.

I don't know the Big 10 like you do, but I really like future pro Luke Garza from #2 seed Iowa in the East bracket.

Iowa would need to go through Zags to get to the final.  Gonzaga was looking like a world beater in the early part of the season but after their most recent Covid protocol a few weeks ago they have looked vulnerable, being behind by double digits in a couple of late season games.  I'll take Iowa to get to the Final Four.

• Like 1

Diz, I hope your feeling better and Dave thanks for the schedule.  Keep 'em comin otherwise I'm gonna be losted!  Indy?  That's ANOTHER reason I like Indy over Cbus, Ohio.  Cbus has some benefits but Indy goes for the throat and loves that economic impact.  Cbus does have the "Arnold" though.  Think I'll start working out for this years contest, which is supposedly back ON!  Getting a visual of me in the "hurry-up"?  hahaha  NOT happening here anytime soon!  All the OSU fans think Oral Roberts is gonna be an easy win.  ORU has one of the best players in the country and shoot the 3 ball.  Gonna be a lot of up and down the floor Friday @ 330.  They love to run.   :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

A couple arenas are at 25%, and one will have no fans. 

Sports fans like to spend. t

I could be surprised by the size of the economic infusion, whether large or small. So many unknowns make it more like guessing. Do the capacity limitations include the schools' allotments?  How many fans will drive and return home?  Restaurants and bars should benefit more than hotels.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I could be surprised by the size of the economic infusion, whether large or small. So many unknowns make it more like guessing. Do the capacity limitations include the schools' allotments?  How many fans will drive and return home?  Restaurants and bars should benefit more than hotels.

I'm sure the predicted infusion amount is a guess, and time will tell if that was a good guess or not. I believe the capacities  include the schools' allotment. There are allowing fans at IU now. Lucas Oil will hold up to 17,500 fans.

interesting note....when the Indianapolis Motor Speedway was hosting the F1 race, along with the 500 and the Brickyard 400, they claimed those three races generated over 1 billion in local revenue.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 12:21 AM, Dave1291 said:

My bracket's toast!  (Just wanted to be the first to say that...)  😂

Dave -

Your toast has just been charcoalized.  Now you and I must root for Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Purdue, Maryland, Iowa, & Rutgers. FYI, I’ve lived in the states represented by all but Rutgers & Iowa; I’ve only passed through, or flown over, Iowa and The Garden State.  I didn’t know tank farms counted as gardens.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Under 20 sec left, leading by 2, Ohio State is trying to lose the game to Oral Roberts.  Can't shoot free throws. bad fouls.

+++

OT.  Ohio State start by being down by 2.  2 seed vs a 15. 

17 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Your toast has just been charcoalized.

Yuuuup to both!  You saw what I've seen all year long.  They can't close a game and you can win or lose by shooting that 3-ball.  Tons are blaming he Coach but it's about the entire team listening to him and ballin.  Not show boating, which always seems to happen w/kids doing dumb stuff.  Next year OSU will be better.  Only losing one Senior and Holtman has a great replacement lined up.  Ya have to back your conference after a loss.  My toast comment was posted Wed. night.  hahaha

This year is the year that just about ANYone can win it all.  LOTS of great ballers playing everywhere.  Syracuse and Boeheim?  Jim's a great coach who can coach with the best.  I shot the game w/OSU when he TOTALLY dismantled a very good OSU team.  Izzo lost his cool yet made the fashion statement w/some bench time.  Tom's a great one too but no one's gonna mouth off on his team and get away with it.  Your team HAS to be disciplined otherwise they're not going all the way.  Just the way it is.  Shoot 3's or work it inside.  Ya have to use both.  The GREAT teams can do that.  Others not so much.

The economic impact to the host cities is major bucks and good for the NCAA, the schools and the hosting communities.  Just another ball game in a venue but people ALWAYS put on their smiley faces.  The cult has a good time, everyone survives and leaves in a good mood.  Win or lose they made the dance.  

it's early yet.  Someone's gonna step up and win it all.  Lotsa mumbles and laffs along the way though.  

Jimmy Olsen signing out.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks.....Jimmy.  @Dave1291

350K+ people are expected over the next few weeks. I guess it helps to host the entire event, Indy host the Final 4 in 2026. I wonder how many a Final 4 draws?

Two middle age ladies were interviewed walking into Hinkle wearing Hickory Huskers jerseys. They were from Georgia, and Hinkle was on their bucket list. One said "the only thing better than going to Hinkle would be playing basketball on Daman Bailey's driveway"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1