College Basketball 2020-2021 Covid-19 Style

DizRotus

7 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

what are you talking about BABY!!!!!!!!!!  haven't heard Dick Vitale in a long while; but does he still say BABY?

Yes he does, and he still says Diaper Dandy! He's ok, just annoying sometimes. He is enthusiastic. 

6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I completed a course with Villanova ... how is their basketball team doing ... any good?

They're doing well, ranked 10th. A local school to me (Butler) beat them last Sunday. They are #1 in the Big East.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 5:47 AM, Ceptorman said:

He's ok, just annoying sometimes.

I must vigorously disagree.  He’s not OK, and he’s annoying constantly.

Even as a Spartan, it is tiresome to hear him constantly ramble on about Izzo, Magic and Kelser. How many times must we be reminded that he has monocular vision and lives in Lakeland Ranch, Florida? The only thing worse would be teaming him with Bill Walton.

Even my wife finally asked me to mute the sound.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Google is your friend Steve!  lol

yeah I know I could find the answer myself, just trying to engage with others, that whole conversation thing -- I've been told that I need to do that more often.  I suck at it; but thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm the guy that politely turns down 99% of invitations -- sometimes I get scolded for that. even passed on a chance for a Queen concert once and everyone here knows how much I love their music. some things don't come easy.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I'm the guy that politely turns down 99% of invitations 

Sometimes I get very lucky and the odds fall in my favor.......... But.....I hope to be in that lucky 1% that gets an accepted invitation from You to meet anywhere we might be within striking distance of each other. I'll buy you a brew 😄

As I expected and hoped, MSU beat U of M today in East Lansing.  The Spartans are now essentially a lock for the NCAA Tournament.  No other bubble team beat three top five teams (Ohio State, Illinois, & Michigan) as well as Duke and Notre Dame.  They are gelling at the right time.

Let the March Madness begin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Weren't they ranked top 5 at the start of the season?

Yes.  Before the season started they were #4, which, of course, was nonsense.   Similarly, Michigan was not in the top 25, which was even more nonsensical.  The Wolverines deserve a #1 seed.

31039508-91A8-4F9E-8DD9-6C373533FF89.jpeg

If MSU gets by Maryland, they earn the right (punishment) to play Michigan again.  In the B1G tournament semi-finals, I predict Michigan to beat Ohio State and Illinois to beat Iowa, with Illinois upsetting Michigan in the final.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be shocked to see MSU in the final 4.

I believe they are releasing 10k seats to the public for any games played in Lucas oil stadium. Every venue being used for all the tournament games are using their own Covid protocol. No fans at IU. The eyes of the whole basketball universe are on Indiana starting this week, hope it all goes well. I think I'll check out a few games. One good thing about Indy, they know how to treat the fans. No hotel, restaurant, and service people hiking their prices like many cities try to do. Over 120 games played in less than a month. If anyone wants the feeling of walking back in time about 8 decades to check out a basketball game,  check out Hinkle Fieldhouse. It's on the campus of Butler. A small private school just north of downtown Indy. It's a wonderful atmosphere, clean and safe.

• Like 2

The NCAA needs to cross their fingers and toes that additional teams are not beaten by COVID prior to the Big Dance. The smart move but I’m sure less profitable, and not my idea, would have been to skip the conference tournaments so the teams could stay home and quarantine after league play. Use whatever smarts the Double A has to rank teams, All teams then show up at Indy testing negative and begin play. 

OSU'S post out w/a concussion so we step up and play well.  Then it begins once again.  3-4 uncalled for turnovers? Showboatin slam! Doubled up and lost it! Stepped on the baseline! 7'1" dude takes it away from you on an inbounds? Seriously? Think they won the Natty after that s*^& show? Lawdy, lawdy, lawdy! Better get some rest and get their heads back in the game before tomorrow. blue even had a gun foul out? Come on man!  DISCIPLINE WINS BALL GAMES!

On 3/7/2021 at 11:06 PM, DizRotus said:

Let the March Madness begin.

===============================================================

-------------------  March Madness 2021  -------------------

==========================================

My WVU Mountaineers (18-7) are a 3 seed in the Midwest and play 14 seed Morehead State (23-7).  This could be an upset special as WVU lost 4 of their last 5 games and were knocked out in the first round of the Big 12 tournament.  They play Friday on TruTV at 9:50p.

On the positive side for WVU the Midwest looks like relatively weak bracket, no Zags or Baylor.  Illinois is 1 and Houston is 2 in the bracket.

+++

First Four play-in round to the 64 team bracket on Thursday.  By far the best opening round I've seen, UCLA vs Michigan State.  Tickets available as low as ...$264?!

image.thumb.png.20b74844013897d4f4f2051b3818b749.png

The local sportswriters are upset by MSU's draw.  How quickly they forget how close Spartans came to being left out totally.

IMO, Michigan has the worst bracket of any #1 seed. Illinois has the best shot at Final Four of any B1G team.

• Like 1