Help with new REFERENCE PREM Home theatre system set up, Receiver and Amp suggestion

Fero

Hi 

I just bought the below set of speakers and receiver, my receiver is only 100Watt. Should i buy a new receiver or should i get an amplifier. Please provide suggestions on wringing and placement of the speakers as well please. 

Receiver: TSR-700 7.1-channel AV Receiver with 8K HDMI 

KLIPSCH RP280FA DOLBY ATMOS FRONT SPKR (2)

KLIPSCH RP-150M REFERENCE PREM.,CHERRY 
KLIPSCH R-112SW 12" POWERED SUB CHERRY
KLIPSCH RP-440C REFERENCE PREM.,CHERRY 

KLIPSCH RP-140SA REFR PREM.ATMOS,BK

Appreciate your patience and help

Thank you

Edited by Fero

Congrats, that's a great home theater speaker set. That Yamaha AVR should be ok, it does have the ability to connect an external power amp for the front channel only, but you might not need it. There are a lot of variables to determine where to place the speakers, size of the room mainly. Is the room finished, because those Atmos speakers mount above you. The speaker and AVR manual will have a basic placement and wiring diagram. 

• Like 2

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes my basement is finished. The woofer says 300 watts and the tower and center speaker says continuous as 150Watt. If i need to get a amplifier how many would i need and can you please suggest me with some model ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Congrats, that's a great home theater speaker set. That Yamaha AVR should be ok, it does have the ability to connect an external power amp for the front channel only, but you might not need it. There are a lot of variables to determine where to place the speakers, size of the room mainly. Is the room finished, because those Atmos speakers mount above you. The speaker and AVR manual will have a basic placement and wiring diagram. 

@Ceptorman you got another question...

• Like 1