Help with new REFERENCE PREM Home theatre system set up, Receiver and Amp suggestion

Fero

On 12/28/2020 at 10:56 PM, wvu80 said:

I just had a crazy thought.  I really like the theater seats which are on the left side.  I would love to see those in the middle.

Is there any way you could slide and rotate that L (not left, the letter L) couch all the way to the left?  Just the one section.  Then put the theater seats in the Main Listening Position (MLP).  Then slide the remaining couch section away from the front along the right side wall.

Probably a crazy idea.  Just ignore me.

1. No my wife too agreed that’s the best placement. I needed up moving the recliner in the CENTER. 

2. I moved the subwoofer to the end and moved the speakers inside 

but here is the problem I am facing, I am only able to get one subwoofer work. Both the sub are not working at the same time. 

what should I do, does my receiver support two subwoofer to work the same time ?

also are there any sound available online that I can play to just have the subs play.

thank you

fermin 

11 hours ago, Fero said:

but here is the problem I am facing, I am only able to get one subwoofer work. Both the sub are not working at the same time. 

what should I do, does my receiver support two subwoofer to work the same time ?

No, your receiver does not support two subs from the back pre-outs.  It is a 7.1, so only 1 sub, but all is not lost.

Receiver: TSR-700 7.1-channel AV Receiver with 8K HDMI 

11 hours ago, Fero said:

No, your receiver does not support two subs from the back pre-outs.  It is a 7.1, so only 1 sub is directly supported, but all is not lost.

Receiver: TSR-700 7.1-channel AV Receiver with 8K HDMI 

An RCA splitter will the job nicely.  The pre-out does not supply any power to the sub, just a sub woofer signal so this is the way to go. 

This one on Amazon has good reviews, but do your own research and find the one that looks good to you and best fits your budget.  Don't go too cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-Krystal-Twisted-Triple-Adapter/dp/B007HVDCWI/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1RNWAU5NGKHS3&dchild=1&keywords=rca+y+splitter&qid=1616160258&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_three_browse-bin%3A7070220011&rnid=5462369011&s=aht&sprefix=rca+y%2Caps%2C184&sr=1-6

image.png.dd356593464d98e70272bb4b9174ccda.png

On 3/19/2021 at 1:08 AM, wvu80 said:

No, your receiver does not support two subs from the back pre-outs.  It is a 7.1, so only 1 sub, but all is not lost.

No, your receiver does not support two subs from the back pre-outs.  It is a 7.1, so only 1 sub is directly supported, but all is not lost.

An RCA splitter will the job nicely.  The pre-out does not supply any power to the sub, just a sub woofer signal so this is the way to go. 

This one on Amazon has good reviews, but do your own research and find the one that looks good to you and best fits your budget.  Don't go too cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-Krystal-Twisted-Triple-Adapter/dp/B007HVDCWI/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1RNWAU5NGKHS3&dchild=1&keywords=rca+y+splitter&qid=1616160258&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_three_browse-bin%3A7070220011&rnid=5462369011&s=aht&sprefix=rca+y%2Caps%2C184&sr=1-6

image.png.dd356593464d98e70272bb4b9174ccda.png

Thank you so much it worked :) i think at this point i can tell that the whole set up is complete. Ill try to post a video and share it with you guys thank you so much everyone for helping me with this build.

• Like 1