Mixing Reference and Reference Premeire

Halestorm

I just found out that the salesman that I was talking to for speakers sold me Reference speakers for my in-wall LR surrounds and my 4 in-ceiling atmos speakers. The rest of my setup is Reference Premiere.

I'm new to the audio/home theater game. If I install the References in those places along my Premieres am I going to regret it? Should I call and force a change in those speakers to be back to Reference Premiere quality?

Welcome....what's the rest of your system (RP)? Did the sales guy give you the speakers you paid for? Are they installed yet? Two in-wall and four atmos speakers amongst a complete RP home theater system might sound fine. But.....it is usually recommended to keep them all the same. Depends on the cost and if it's a hassle, might hardly notice any difference.

In my opinion surrounds aren't quite as critical to match as your front three. 

I have Heresys as my front main speakers, Reference RS-7 as my side surrounds and Synergy S2 as my rear surrounds and to me it sounds excellent. 

• Like 1