How To measure Output on Two Way KPT-904

Dave A

OK how does one measure the output of a two way speakers set like these KPT-904's. I want to ballance the HF to the LF and left to right. Also is there anyone who knows REW and analyzing output who lives close to middle Tennessee that would be willing to spend some time teaching me how to do this.  Good videos would work also I suppose but I am not having much luck there.

1 hour ago, carlthess40 said:

It would be some time before I’m back up your way. But if you need any of my test gear. Just ask. I have meters, scope, spl meter. Laptop with REW and the test mic and I’m sure some other stuff as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Carl. I have the test gear though I just need to learn to use it all.  You are welcome to stop in any time you are up this way and that goes for any forum member who wants to stop in. No I won't put you to work I just like sitting down and listening to music and visiting with others. Not many to share the hobby with around here.

I hear you on that. Even with being half way in between Orlando and Daytona Beach, the C19 has stopped all of our audio meetings around here. I just moved my mother from St. Paul Mn to East Tennessee. About 2 or 3 months ago. And just last week my brother and his wife moved up to their property up there. He will be driving down here to run his company. But I’ll make it there at sometime , lol. My mother loves it up there and all the people are so nice and have gone out of their way to watch over my mother. My wife and I have plans on baying a house and at lest 10ac of land. Still have one kid at home and she is about to turn 16. So this day is coming soon. Fingers crossed [emoji1696]
I hear that you just got some snow the other day ? Show us some pics, Florida boy here and miss the snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 3:33 AM, Dave A said:

Thanks Carl. I have the test gear though I just need to learn to use it all.  You are welcome to stop in any time you are up this way and that goes for any forum member who wants to stop in. No I won't put you to work I just like sitting down and listening to music and visiting with others. Not many to share the hobby with around here.

Hey Dave, 

Did you ever get any training on rew? Minidsp is pretty easy to set up and use but Rew just confused the crap out of me and I never learned how to use it to tweak the dsp settings. ChrisA helped a lot and was very generous with his time, but I didn’t know what I was doing,  tapped out and went back to passive. Would love to get dsp and rew going on another project but haven’t decided exactly where I’m going with that. 

On 11/13/2021 at 6:31 AM, Madman1 said:

Hey Dave, 

Did you ever get any training on rew? Minidsp is pretty easy to set up and use but Rew just confused the crap out of me and I never learned how to use it to tweak the dsp settings. ChrisA helped a lot and was very generous with his time, but I didn’t know what I was doing,  tapped out and went back to passive. Would love to get dsp and rew going on another project but haven’t decided exactly where I’m going with that. 

No I have not. It is on the list of things to do starting in a couple of months or so.  When are you going to be up here again?

4 hours ago, Dave A said:

No I have not. It is on the list of things to do starting in a couple of months or so.  When are you going to be up here again?

Well, I was hoping to come a while back, then I got smacked with the China/Fauci virus!! Whoops! 😬, I probably shouldn’t  say that here I might get canceled.
I want to get up there, I’m sure you have some fun things I need/want. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Madman1 said:

Well, I was hoping to come a while back, then I got smacked with the China/Fauci virus!! Whoops! 😬, I probably shouldn’t  say that here I might get canceled.
I want to get up there, I’m sure you have some fun things I need/want. 

Stop in any time just let me know ahead of time and we are never shut down for the Fauci virus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1