LSBR La Scala Value

Jefe

On 12/13/2020 at 9:19 PM, Jefe said:

I feel lucky to have been bestowed these speakers who were owned by such a great musician. They have a few blemishes that I would like to fix. Also, at some point Joel sandwiched some black fabric between the upper drivers and the cabinets and I would like to remove it. Would it be sacrilege to restore them to like new?

----------do you mean  grilles with badges  over the tweeter and midrange , hey that was quite expensive by the way in those days  , it was a dealer only  installed  option , they stapled the  grilles over the HF/MIDS   , that kept the dust from reaching the inner part of the horn    --

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 7:39 PM, RandyH000 said:

----------do you mean  grilles with badges  over the tweeter and midrange , hey that was quite expensive by the way in those days  , it was a dealer only  installed  option , they stapled the  grilles over the HF/MIDS   , that kept the dust from reaching the inner part of the horn    --

Notice how the fabric was sandwiched in between the drivers and the cabinets? I think I want to remove these and hopefully I can remove the staples without doing any damage to the cabinets.

20201221_115533-min.jpg

44 minutes ago, Jefe said:

Notice how the fabric was sandwiched in between the drivers and the cabinets? I think I want to remove these and hopefully I can remove the staples without doing any damage to the cabinets.

what does the material look like from the outside , if it is the Duracrest --it aint cheap ---100$ or close to it for 2 speakers

43 minutes ago, Jefe said:

these speakers also use the Duracrest fabric -

IMG_0797.JPG.98b090f69f8fde2ada6d3e7caa25de07.JPG

here is how they look from the inside ,  no staples ---cut square IMG_0798.JPG