Need to lengthen the speaker cables

M4verick

48 minutes ago, richieb said:

Start this type of a lighthearted, simple thread question about oil in an automobile, motorcycle or oil forum (yes, they have those too) and watch the sparks fly. It won’t be long before every petroleum chemist or engine builder tells someone they are full of shite. Let alone someone who has drilled for crude in the Middle East. It’s the way of the keyboard world — 

I've learned that the guaranteed way to start a flame war is just to say "bigger speaker wires sound better".  I thought it best to whisper that, in case craziness breaks out.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

You must have missed the part where I said, enjoy, or, have fun or, they are terrific computer speakers… Oh well, make sure to come back when you have more complicated issues with something other than a three wire system.  Name-calling and personal attacks do not go over well here. But then, considering your personality, I guess that doesn’t mean much to you.

Right, whatever dude.

19 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

This is helpful, it's automotive wire, but same concept:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7GlDBge_WU

Thanks Dwilawyer, man that was a super helpful video! Thumbs up.

I especially like that 3rd & final option he presented.  Self-soldering connectors! Very cool.  Now I just gotta figure out the correct Ohm load on these wires so I can figure out what is the maximum length I can extend.

Edited by M4verick

1 hour ago, Islander said:

I've learned that the guaranteed way to start a flame war is just to say "bigger speaker wires sound better".  I thought it best to whisper that, in case craziness breaks out.

Only if they have been cryogenically treated, then cooked with a cable cooker and it must be special mono crystal copper. Don't forget the directional arrows must be followed too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Thanks Dave, I was waiting for you.....

Thank Audiogon. I learn about all the really cool cutting edge tech over there. Like these for instance. https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa65ia-audio-magic-ce-generators-set-of-3-brand-new-better-imaging-details-dynamics-tweaks   

You run your speaker cables through the little hole in the middle and magic happens.

18 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Thank Audiogon. I learn about all the really cool cutting edge tech over there. Like these for instance. https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa65ia-audio-magic-ce-generators-set-of-3-brand-new-better-imaging-details-dynamics-tweaks   

You run your speaker cables through the little hole in the middle and magic happens.

I had a recording of my 7th grade kid's junior high band, it was awful, they had all been playing for only a year, no one was in time or in tune. I bought four of the clean energy generators and the band sounds much better, everyone is in tune and they are all right in the beat!

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Thanks, I was wondering what to do with all of my leftover aluminum foil, other than making hats… I’ll give it a try tomorrow.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, billybob said:

That reminds me to put a wire nut on a couple of hot water wires with just electrical tape on them now. 

On a serious note, do they make wire nuts for 22 ga wire? Do wire nuts work on multi-strand wire? I have only used then on solid copper wire that was 16 ga or larger. 

Wire Nuts are color-coded for wire capacity.  Get an assortment kit like mine from Spamazon.

Grey and Blue should work fine for 2-8 #22 copper.  Whysoever are you feeding speakers with

#22?  You'll kill any damping factor, flab out the bass.  Any SS amp will sound like a tube amp

with an extra 1Ω between the source and the load!  My Fulton Brown #12 AU/CU needs the REDS!

Wire Nut Diagram

• Thanks 1