New AW 650 & 120SW Sub - Need Help On What to Run With

MB2020

I just moved into a new house with a pretty good covered porch, bar area and I ground pool. I purchased the AW 650’s and from friends recommendations and reading people’s reviews and suggestions added a 120SW sub.

Now I’m totally lost trying to figure out what my next steps are. I’ve been reading as much as possible and keep seeing all different info. Can any one recommend what AMP/Receiver would be best to run these three speakers?  I would like to stream music from my phone, Spotify, etc. a friend told be its best to get BT and can also use Alexa. I just don’t know what watts, Ohms etc I need or a brand. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! 

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, MB2020 said:

I just moved into a new house with a pretty good covered porch, bar area and I ground pool. I purchased the AW 650’s and from friends recommendations and reading people’s reviews and suggestions added a 120SW sub.

Now I’m totally lost trying to figure out what my next steps are. I’ve been reading as much as possible and keep seeing all different info. Can any one recommend what AMP/Receiver would be best to run these three speakers?  I would like to stream music from my phone, Spotify, etc. a friend told be its best to get BT and can also use Alexa. I just don’t know what watts, Ohms etc I need or a brand. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! 

Welcome to the Forum! 

You are in luck, there is a thread going on right now where someone has a very similar set up as you and he streams, etc. I will get you a link and put it in here.

I have AW 650s and love them. Been directly in the weather since 2012 and sound as good as the day I bought them. I bought a Denon HT receiver and use it to watch TV with a pair of RC7s and zone 2 out to the 650sl. Works great. $300 bucks at Accessories For less. It's a x2100 or some such. There may be cheaper options but I'd buy that one again even as a stand alone unit for outside. Look for something like that. Bluetooth doesn't work too well for me outside with the receiver inside but the Spotify connect deal works great.