KG 2.5 w/ K-85-k Tweeter for center channel

worthingtontw

Hi all! New to the Klipsch forum but long time owner/enthusiast of Klipsch gear.

I recently purchased a house going from about 600 sqft to 2000 sqft and finally have the room for a proper living room setup. I have pair of KG 5.2's that I have had for 13 years and a set of KG 2.5v's that until now were my desktop speakers. The 2.5's I picked up separately on eBay one of which has a horribly butchered cabinet that while functional clearly was dropped on all eight corners and had its back cutdown poorly by about 3/4 of an inch to I guess fit in the prior owners media center cabinet.

Long and short of it is I'm currently using the other 2.5 which is like new as a center channel, but I was thinking about frankensteining the beat-up one to have a K-85-k tweeter and horn to match the 5.2s. Figure I would also be needing a 4.2/5.2 crossover if not custom for this to work properly. To be clear this would be hidden in my cabinet behind a custom grill so I'm shooting for functionality.

Am I totally smoking crack or does this make some sense?

Edited by worthingtontw

11 hours ago, AndreG. said:

No You´re not, but have You thought about having a new cabinet made or make one yourself? What would You do with the left-over speaker, a waste, no?

I would be making a custom cabinet out of 3/4 cabinet grade oak ply which I already have on hand. With the exception of the beat up one, my other speakers are well taken care of light oak cabinets and I would like to match it to them but that is kind of secondary.

As far as the other speaker I assume you mean my other 2.5. I would be trying to find another and placing them as wide/rear channels on stands. I really like the sound of KGs and would like to have a closely match system in a 5.1 configuration.