RC52c or RP500c paired with RP-160M's?

Speakerbox12

Good morning,

I have a pair of RP-160M bookshelf speakers that I'd like to add a center channer to for my setup using a Denon x3600h received. I ordered the RC52 but I'm now thinking I should've matched to the RP series? with the RP500c?

I mostly listen to music and watch Satellite TV so not really doing any DVD/Blue-Ray watching.

Would I be missing much if I stick with the RC52 over the RP-500c centre channel based on what content I typically watch? Wondering if it's worth the upgrade to match.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Dont believe klipsch has a center called RC-52c. You probably meant r-52c. If youre stuck spesifically between either rp500c or r-52c to pair with your rp-160m, id go rp500c mainly because it is the closest timbre matched center out of the two you have listed.

Keep in mind that rp-160m(1st gen) and rp-500c(2nd gen) is not in the same generation of klipsch rp speakers. There are certain upgrades/changes to the 2nd gen rp speakers. Im not quite sure what changes or how many there are, but i believe there are changes made to the tweeter. The rp-160m is of the first generation of rp speakers, and if you want to keep to that same speaker series and generation, you have the rp-250c, rp-440c or rp-450c to pick from. Purely from an aesthetic point of view, Id much rather go for a rp-250c, rp-440c or rp-450c. 

Were I you, Id try finding a rp-250c. It is the 1st gen version of the rp-500c, and perfectly matched in sound reproduction to your rp-160m. You should be able to find it for cheaper than the rp-500c and maybe even the r-52c. Used-markets would be a nice place to start the search should you not find any retailers carrying the product. 

Good luck!

1 hour ago, HenrikTJ said:

Dont believe klipsch has a center called RC-52c. You probably meant r-52c. If youre stuck spesifically between either rp500c or r-52c to pair with your rp-160m, id go rp500c mainly because it is the closest timbre matched center out of the two you have listed.

Keep in mind that rp-160m(1st gen) and rp-500c(2nd gen) is not in the same generation of klipsch rp speakers. There are certain upgrades/changes to the 2nd gen rp speakers. Im not quite sure what changes or how many there are, but i believe there are changes made to the tweeter. The rp-160m is of the first generation of rp speakers, and if you want to keep to that same speaker series and generation, you have the rp-250c, rp-440c or rp-450c to pick from. Purely from an aesthetic point of view, Id much rather go for a rp-250c, rp-440c or rp-450c. 

Were I you, Id try finding a rp-250c. It is the 1st gen version of the rp-500c, and perfectly matched in sound reproduction. You should be able to find it for cheaper than the rp-500c and maybe even the r-52c. Used-markets would be a nice place to start the search should you not find any retailers carrying the product. 

Good luck!

The RC52 is an older discontinued center speaker. There was a gen ll version also, I believe it was a pretty good center speaker. https://www.klipsch.com/products/rc-52

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Yes it's the r-52c I ordered. I didn't realize there was earlier models to match my 160m's. They all look to be unavailable now at least in Canada.  I'll see how the r-52c sounds but I'm not sure I'll like the esthetics and might have to keep the cover on as it looks way different than the 160m. Might have to go with the RP series.