NAG (SWAG2) Looking for the perfect location 2021

Good Morning 

I want to start a discussion about another audio gathering and looking for the next "perfect" location.  Right now, it's wide open, and at its initial concept, this was intended to move around.  I'm going to lay out a wish list, and hope to hear from members that are interested and may already know of, or find the next spot.

1.  Max. 1 hr. from sizeable airport.

2.  Secluded enough to allow music at the volumes we played.

3.  Sizeable pavilion that would allow people and gear to remain protected from the elements.

4.  At least 1 indoor area, that wasn't as acoustically challenged as the barn.

5.  Accommodations onsite. (Cabins, huge home)

6.  Cooking areas

7.  Alcohol permitted

8.  Easy to find for Carl  

9.  Affordable 

10. The location and available accommodations will have bearing on the number of possible attendees, but really not looking for big, looking for social without strings.

****There is no official title, NAG was something for the title.

What's in your area, or what can you find?  Keep in mind, that if you find it, and it's in close proximity to you, it will make you the point person.

I really think we will be past all of the great things that 2020 brought to our doors, especially if we look at the same time of year, depending on location and weather.  Looking forward to the next one and seeing everyone.

'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

It would be nice to have a member close to the actual location to check out venues.  Internet info is great but nothing beats being able to see the actual venue.

I didnt know the term point person was such a big consideration.  You need to come up with a description that sounds easier, so crickets might respond.  lol

@MookieStlcrickets GIF

14 minutes ago, Pete H said:

I didnt know the term point person was such a big consideration.  You need to come up with a description that sounds easier, so crickets might respond.  lol

@MookieStl

I am looking for a position closer to "guest of honor" than point person. Sounds like work, which is all I have done this awful freakin' year.

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think Omaha, NE is more central.  But according to Wiki, LeBanon Kansas is.   

24 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

the left side of the state is

I like The Lake of the Ozarks, especially in the summer at the party cove on a holiday weekend. 

Plus, they have a race track that will be opening in 21. 

2 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I like The Lake of the Ozarks, especially in the summer at the party cove on a holiday weekend. 

That track so far isn't bike friendly. Nice location though. Country club setting.

2 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I looked at the lake of the ozarks yesterday (online) looks like a great location with a lot to offer. I found a couple possible venues but as Carl mentioned above we really need a location that an attendee can check out. Finding and organizing the last event was easy, finding decent cables well that is a different story.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I am looking for a position closer to "guest of honor" than point person. Sounds like work, which is all I have done this awful freakin' year.

Compared to your day job this will be a cake walk so grab those BIG BOY pants and slide them on Mook.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

It's a huge track. They need to work on the landscape / runoff. Have you seen any videos of them driving on it? It is wider than the pictures makes it

look.  

Haven't watched any video. Mongo on WERA was talking about lack of runoff and some "close" walls from an overheard photo. Lots of interest about racing there, cars and bikes.