•    Walnut Trim / Brushed Stainless Steel
  •    45W Ultra Linear / 22.5W Triode switchable
  •    4 x Ruby KT88   
  •    2 x JJ 12AU7
  •    2 x JJ 12AX7
  •    2 x Sovtek 5AR4  
  •    Original Box / Foam Inserts

What is difference b/w the ST and Mono VRDs? From Craig at NOSValves

The output transformers are identical. The circuit front to back tube wise is identical. Here are the only differences. The current version of the VRD ST runs the KT-88's at about 25 less volts than the VRD Monos on the plates and screens but at the same current. The ST has one very large power transformer that is actually capable of more current then two of the VRD mono power transformers. The power supply is dual railed and has basically the same amount of storage per channel so once the voltage and current leave the dual 5AR4 rectifiers the amp would be considered dual mono and every bit as capable as the Mono blocks. The sonic difference is all in the voltage the KT-88's are run at. The current version has that factor lessened to minuscule. I could even make it none existent but I wanted the Stereo amp more output tube friendly in the tube type rolling department (EL34's, 6L6GC etc.)

Questions? Need more info or pics. Don't hesitate to ask.

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6721.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by mmoxley
sold
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Schu said:

someone give this amp a good home.

I will give it a good home if you will give me the $$$$$ 😁............................And to think its only 2 hours away😪................................My wallet says it might as well be a million miles away...............................I am not seeing much in the way of Audio move right now (Christmas I suppose, I know all my spare $$$ has gone for that and even some I did not have,  that we will be paying off in the coming months)

Good Luck with the sale...........................another time I would be all over it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jeeper said:

Just curious, what are you replacing the VRD stereo amp with ?

Nice Amp by the way.

Thanks, just too much gear sitting around not being used. Someone recently made me an offer i couldn't refuse on my tube preamp that powered this VRD so instead of having to buy another preamp I've decided to list the amp. I already have 2 other integrated amps (Primaluna EVO300 and Yamaha AS-2100). Eventually i will get back into separates, but just simplifying for now.

37 minutes ago, VDS said:

I have same amp, just replaced with Pass Labs. One thing is for sure, Craig’s VRD amps are REALLY good!  They stand up well to Nelson Pass!  Someone should get this amp while available!

Thanks, as fate would have it, just found a new home for this today!