Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Subwoofer Short

MaZx

Greetings,

After 10 years of good use, accidentally stapled the cable when it came loose, right and then I knew the subwoofer was gone. It was truly painful because I have never loved speakers like these and my home theater which have been running for 15 years (Panasonic), however both speakers works perfectly fine but not the subwoofer and no light on control pod.

So I decided to open it up to see what really happened, so this is the ONLY thing I found burnt, everything else AMAZINGLY looks great.

What are my options or choice at the moment? Please advise. Thank you!

klipsch promedia 2.1 2011.jpg

Edited by MaZx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MaZx said:

If it's a easy and affordable fix, I would prefer to DIY than shelling out another $100+.

There is a person or persons who help troubleshoot Klipsch subs here, helping people DIY.

If not listed in the sub forum discussing the topic. May find under technical modifications.

You seem to have good pic of damage so, worth a shot.

I will post his user name when remember it here soon.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is some truth that older models have a more desirable sound. Heat build up caused certain components in the older switched units to fail, tho not in your case. If you cant get it fixed locally - there is a seller on ebay who I think went by (or goes by) stpeteshepherd who repairs them or will sell you an older one modified to improve cooling and with upgraded components that typically fail. There is no money to be saved as the repaired and modded amp units are more expensive than newer complete sets. He has 100% feedback and 3,000 + transactions so no worries there for quality. Nostalgia has a price and it depends on availability.

• Like 1