Good Used La Scala AL5 Price?

bygrace

I'm looking at a used pair of walnut La Scala AL5s in great shape and less than a year old (no boxes). I know the universal pricing on these new is high. Any thoughts on what a good price would be to pay? I'm new to Klipsch, so I'm not familiar with depreciation and pre-owned. Thanks for any input you can provide!

I would think 6K is a great price. Great sounding, 200 pound pair of USA speakers.

I still see nice original LS for 2500.00 sometimes. Rough industrials for 1,000.00 - 1,500.00. There have been a lot of updates and changes getting to the AL5 speakers. 

Wish people would save the shipping boxes. These speakers are only a year old. Break them down and save the packing. Even if they get ragged, still better than blankets and furniture pads. The boxes are worth 250.00 to me. 

Yep, $12k. It's my understanding they are on universal pricing, so I assume original buyers aren't getting discounted prices. I'm at $6.4k with this set and that's as low as it's going to get, but I have to arrange transport. I'm probably looking at $6.7k total, no boxes, no warranty.

• Like 1

If you end up at 7000.00 you still got a great deal. Make sure the four parts get packed really well.

The factory boxes are very heavy duty and I hear of them getting damaged anyway. On my delivery the freight company had the pallet at 450 pounds. Your speakers weigh 20 pounds more each. So close to 500 pounds for your jewels.

How far away are they from you? If I was buying these 12K speakers, I would try to figure out how to haul myself. Those bass bins are heavy and cumbersome. 

6 hours ago, bygrace said:

Yep, $12k. It's my understanding they are on universal pricing, so I assume original buyers aren't getting discounted prices. I'm at $6.4k with this set and that's as low as it's going to get, but I have to arrange transport. I'm probably looking at $6.7k total, no boxes, no warranty.

did you find a used pair for 6400$ ,that's a great price , but you're better off offering 7k$ and have the seller ship them with full insurance to your  door -

• Like 1