WANTED: Onkyo M-504

Matthews

Just out of  curiosity, what are you going to hook it up to speaker wise?  If you can find one of the "newer" M-5000R's, that's a healthy contender at 80wpc weighing in at 52-lbs.  That's what I run to my Belle clones as it sounded way better than the VTA ST-70 tube amp.  The under hood of the amp is my avatar.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Just out of  curiosity, what are you going to hook it up to speaker wise?

Will be powering a pair of La Scala.  I already have a gorgeous TX-SV90PRO with rosewood side panels (110 wpc).  The 90 will be used as the pre and is same vintage as the 504. 

2 hours ago, avguytx said:

Just out of  curiosity, what are you going to hook it up to speaker wise?  If you can find one of the "newer" M-5000R's, that's a healthy contender at 80wpc weighing in at 52-lbs.  That's what I run to my Belle clones as it sounded way better than the VTA ST-70 tube amp.  The under hood of the amp is my avatar.

That amp looks great. I would have to take out a loan at the bank to get one lol.

2 hours ago, USNRET said:

I should have waited a few years to let these go; prices are higher now

Yeah, I have seller's remorse on a few things too. I still have the M-504, M-508 and one of the preamps. Not sure what model preamp I have, I never have hooked it up. 

2 hours ago, Matthews said:

Have had a couple in the past.  As usual, regrets of a sale...

I have been running a Sansui BA-2000 for a few years in place of the 504. I can't let the Ms go just yet in fear of the regret. 

Since you have had these before, you might already know that recapping them isn't a straight forward R&R job.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...