klipsch cornwalls - $650 (PHX AZ)

rszoke

On 12/13/2020 at 1:28 PM, soundbound said:

I wonder if sometimes they copy photos off the internet instead of taking photos of what they’re actually selling and don’t reply once they’re sold.

The Klipsch community was right on top of this one.  Good job because we don't know if there are new posters who may not have seen as many scams as we have.

The way to confirm if it is an authentic sale is to ask for a specific picture, top left ONLY, of something with today's paper on top of the speaker.  Scammers don't like it when somebody is holding them accountable.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The Klipsch community was right on top of this one.  Good job because we don't know if there are new posters who may not have seen as many scams as we have.

The way to confirm if it is an authentic sale is to ask for a specific picture, top left ONLY, of something with today's paper on top of the speaker.  Scammers don't like it when somebody is holding them accountable.

That's nice and all but who the hell gets a newspaper anymore....and who hardly even prints one anymore.  

4 minutes ago, richieb said:

Well, The NY Times and the Washington Post print papers but it may be a stretch calling them “newspapers”? 

True.  The last reasons I bought a newspaper was for the coupons and the comics.  But that's been maybe 10 years now.  My mother was a newspaper hoarder before she passed away....literally.  Had newspapers dating back close to 30 years...in chronological order.  That was a poopload of papers for recycle when we were redoing her house to make it nicer for her before she died.  She had a rough time with that.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, avguytx said:
16 hours ago, wvu80 said:

, or something with today's paper on top of the speaker.  Scammers don't like it when somebody is holding them accountable.

That's nice and all but who the hell gets a newspaper anymore....and who hardly even prints one anymore.  

Everybody in my Luddite community reads newspapers.  🤓

• Haha 1