Ha....Just for fun....Aliens exist

MyOwn

11 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

You mean like whether Obama was born in the US? 

Obama was proven to be born in Hawaii. 

Whether Hillary was aware of the intent of the Benghazi protesters? 

Various/all Bengahzi Reports discredited the conspiracies and the point you continue to miss is exactly what was going on in the Middle East on that very day and you've mischaracterized Hillary's response and who her audience was (as Secretary of State) when the bodies were brought back. The actual facts I was able to prove to Mark and Robert backed me up on it when I provided the transcript .

I don't recall tons of agreement on the facts.

Yep. Anyone comparing "Bengahzi " and the Mueller investigation will quickly see MAJOR historical difference in the two when they read the reports. Fwiw, the former showed more money needed to be spent on Diplomatic missions,  while the latter exposed a MAJOR weaponized cyberwar campaign by the Russians which the Administration denied the ramifications and in fact became an asset by the way they handled it.

I'm not too interested in finding new internet friends.  A few posts here and there are enough for me.  But I really don't want to engage in the open forum. 

I'm with you on the first sentence but you definitely still try to slide in political comments, including on this thread which sparked my participation.

They've asked us to take it PM's, and I respect that.

Me too, but...

12 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

... We all seem to gravitate toward arguing politics in terms of who is the worst, but little is said about actual policies.  

I have already responded to this but will reiterate most of my posts in BS dealt with policy.

Don't do that here, though.  Re-join the PM if you want to say.

After you leave you can't join back in.

12 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Of course not but learned to ignore those that engaged in personal attacks until it got to the point that I needed to say something...Like you said, I am too old to keep addressing those that keep calling me a troll on a PM and they were the main participants. 

Fwiw, ironically that PM was entitled,  "Coronavirus and the Media," and I was the ONLY one who wanted to talk about policy, just like on the thread that was closed. It wasn't THE MEDIA that was responsible for GOVERNMENT policy dealing with Covid-19.  Of course in a rational world it would be worthwhile to examined and mistakes learned from--Imo, what the PM exposed is too many get distracted by "the KRAKAN" n political discussions and THAT is a big waste of time responding to it.

I'm not too interested in finding new internet friends.  A few posts here and there are enough for me.  But I really don't want to engage in the open forum.  They've asked us to take it PM's, and I respect that.

Fwiw, I will make this my last post before stepping off my soapbox. :) I feel you're correct quite a few of us have remained friends for over a decade because we find these discussions import. You and I must have had well over a hundred over the last 15 years. I think @BigStewMan hit the nail on the head a few posts back and wondered what happen to your 10 point post where we agreed on 8 of the points.🙂

Anyway, my apologis to the Mods and HA, OUT before the lock! 

14 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

It wasn't THE MEDIA that was responsible

Is this the same MEDIA that said that it was impossible to have a vaccine by the end of the year?  I heard that from all the "main stream" media sources.  The same media who won't recant that or congratulate those responsible?  The media who reported that all the protests were peaceful?  The same media who ignored Hunters laptop till after the election?  The media who blames the federal government for things that the state should be responsible for?  Or is it the media that selectively fact checks only certain posts?  The media that wants to shape opinions rather than report facts?  So you're saying that they were straight with all the facts on covid?  ROTFLMAO.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

It wasn't THE MEDIA that was responsible for GOVERNMENT policy dealing with Covid-19. 

Read the sentence for comprehension, dude.  Not to dismiss your rant, but you seem to be triggered.  No matter how accurate your rant, or not, yes, the same media was not responsible for the government response.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Somebody start a new PM, and this time... no wussing out!  Zen, I nominate you.

Why bother Jeff?  People have demonstrated an inability to even read for comprehension, and get immediately triggered going off on tangential rants.  

24 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Not everyone does that.  Ignore posts you don't like.

Most everyone did in your last pm experiment.  And for some reason they are obsessed with certain people's children, but not other's.  There is only so much hypocrisy that is palatable, before nausea sets in.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Is this the same MEDIA that said that it was impossible to have a vaccine by the end of the year?  I heard that from all the "main stream" media sources.  The same media who won't recant that or congratulate those responsible? 

You can't blanket the media with this kind of statement because of what some pundits were saying! Otoh, you seem to refuse to acknowledge that what the #1 Government official has said about the virus has been false, misleading, or out-n-out bad pandemic policy. Seriously.  Insofar as anyone saying it would be impossible surely you have a quote or link to that if you feel it is so important. I don't deny that someone said it but having a vaccine this soon is a world-class achievement, but the current administration will be leaving with historical deaths every day because of mistakes (and possibly even into February and March).  Evidently, even a majority of the high-risk people won't be vaccinated well into next year, most possibly by fall, not to mention how many folks say they aren't taking the vaccine. Yes I saw that in the media as well.

Btw, I have seen where quite a few media sources congratulated who was responsible and it wasn't the one who's begging to be congratulated. 

The media who reported that all the protests were peaceful? 

Red Herring if you followed the media sources on the ground at various protests including the one where folks were gassed for peaceful protest to make way for a Bible showing. Again, if you follow factual media instead of pundits the truth can be had and discussed.  Provide a link where the media reported "protests were peaceful," when they weren't and I will consider your point.

The same media who ignored Hunters laptop till after the election?  The media who blames the federal government for things that the state should be responsible for?  Or is it the media that selectively fact checks only certain posts?  The media that wants to shape opinions rather than report facts?  So you're saying that they were straight with all the facts on covid?  ROTFLMAO.

Alot to unpack here but suffice it to say the media I pay attention to kept me informed about Coronavirus and after joining Facebook in 2017 found that it was every bit the culprit of spreading misinformation that went viral and I was glad to see Facebook make the changes they did and only pay attention to one person's twitter account--That dude's post will go down in history but not in a positive way. That's my take. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Somebody start a new PM, and this time... no wussing out!  Zen, I nominate you.

I may. Fwiw, I answered your question about the "RIP" and you ignored mine. After a few days of you not joining in the conversation, boogied when what I described started happening again and I left the *circle.*  It was getting to the point of folks promoting false election propaganda and no "wussing out" was involved with my decision to leave. I think the RIP's candidate got elected in 2016 and the differences in the last two administrations was immense. Sure I'll discuss those and guess a prudent conversation to take to PM would be "The pardon power," and how it's carried out. ;) 

The gist of it is that a demagogue demonized the first amendment right of freedom as the "enemy of the people."  The followers of this cult of personality took it to heart.  People choose their own sources of "information" largely based on what they want to hear, while deceiving themselves that they are hearing the truth.  This has been demonstrated most recently by a shift away from one source to another, smaller source that adheres more closely to the propaganda they desire.  Make no mistake, it is all propaganda (revisit the primary definition of the word) but the grain of salt is now missing and reveals the divide which in jeff's words, is not a good thing when enough people believe the slant they wish to hear that they are somehow victims of a conspiracy.  We saw this in the 90's (vast right wing conspiracy) and we see it today with a source which is completely unverified as well (Qanon).  Those who criticize the "media" yet get their information or misinformation from a different "media" source are what Jim Morrison called his own fans---"you're all a bunch of sheep."

MyOwn, aliens exist by definition.  We are all made up of star dust.  Of course the idea that there are other life forms from a different evolution that have or are visiting us is a different topic.  If they read this forum I can't imagine they would have any desire to visit.

37 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

You can't blanket the media with this kind of statement

Yes you can, it's blatantly obvious to all except those with blinders on.

Red Herring

No red herring.  There are plenty of reports of peaceful protests where buildings and vehicles were destroyed.

Provide a link where the media reported "protests were peaceful," when they weren't and I will consider your point.

Google is your friend.  https://www.voanews.com/usa/curfews-issued-florida-peaceful-protests-turn-violent

That was one random article.  Of course google along with others are shaping their searches to fit their narratives and make things contrary to their agenda harder to find.

There are countless "peaceful" protests that were violent but I doubt your preferred sources of information reported that.

A great article:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-lafayette-square-protesters-were-anything-but-peaceful

you seem to refuse to acknowledge

And you seem to refuse to acknowledge my point by replying about a completely different issue.

• dtel locked this topic