Ha....Just for fun....Aliens exist

MyOwn

I just got a call from the local repair shop.  It seems I left a laptop there for repair and completely forgot about it.  That happens to all of us, right?  We just leave shit lying around, and then some crazy assed so called lawyer gets ahold of it.  That's believable, right?  Isn't it more plausible to believe aliens are among us?  Shit for brains Americans.

• Like 1

Im trying not to be, but this is serious.  They say they have pieced together the names of some files and the first letters spell out chavez.  Then there is a picture of Carl shaking slushies, which they say say is evidence of research into bomb making.  I tried to explain the difference between a bomb and getting bombed, but the media won't listen.  You can see why 34% of the country is up in arms over it.  They want to believe.

52 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

When we first started having these discussions you said you weren't interested in talking politics and the discrepancy between how you  and I perceived the two salesman you mentioned  is key...

I love how you keep posting two things together that have nothing to do with each other. 

56 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I absolutely know what they say about opinions and what you posted doesn't change the facts and opinions expressed in the Frontline episode from July I posted.

Correct, one opinion typically doesn't change another opinion.  One is no more valid than the other either.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I love how you keep posting two things together that have nothing to do with each other. 

I really don't understand what you mean.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Correct, one opinion typically doesn't change another opinion.  One is no more valid than the other either.

One's opinion may not change but with more facts I highly recommend considering it because there are opinions that are better than others. Your WSJ opinion said there was nothing wrong with how the administration handled the virus however most people think it could've been dealt with better. The Frontline piece I posted had interviews with key players and reported on the administration with insider anecdotes. In the beginning of March the media I was watching had experts express what was coming and sure enough a week later we were closed down for 2 months. I actually know where you were getting your information by the things you were posting at the same time which ended up being false:

On 3/10/2020 at 3:56 PM, CECAA850 said:

I haven't read anything yet that makes me think this is worse or more deadly than the common flu.  The average age of fatalities in the US for the Wuhan virus is 80 years old. 

On 3/10/2020 at 4:08 PM, CECAA850 said:

What makes this worse than the common flu then?  It's certainly not more deadly.  From what I've read it's not easier to spread.  Why the hysteria?  I'm certainly open to the possibility that I'm missing something so change my mind.

On 3/10/2020 at 5:10 PM, CECAA850 said:

Why are people freaking out over this when there's seemingly worse out there?

On 3/10/2020 at 5:19 PM, CECAA850 said:

The reaction seems disproportionate to the disease.  What aren't they telling us?

On 3/10/2020 at 9:47 PM, CECAA850 said:

China is a cesspool of germs.  Safety and hygiene are second thoughts.  It's the perfect storm for something like this to occur.   No i don't think the US will be affected in the same manner.

On 3/10/2020 at 10:01 PM, CECAA850 said:

Masks are supposed to be worn by the infected.   They serve no purpose to anyone else. 

EDIT I'm referring to the paper masks that are open on the sides.

And all the posts above were on one day and I know which media outlets were downplaying Covid-19. If you don't see the difference by now then I really don't understand where you are coming from.

On 12/15/2020 at 1:53 PM, Zen Traveler said:

There is no wrong forum to express optimism for the future.

Yes, vote for HOPE & CHANGE,  two things you know you're gonna get with a candidate whos' been in office for going on 50 yrs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Yes, vote for HOPE & CHANGE,  two things you know you're gonna get with a candidate whos' been in office for going on 50 yrs.

Hey Gilbert a few days ago ... okay actually back in 1849 some French guy named Jean-Baptitse Alphonse Karr said "the more things change, the more they remain the same..."

as long as people continue to vote based on feelings or emotion, I'd expect regression not progress. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Specifically?

Off of the top of my head I can think that the impeachment proceedings showed that Foreign Policy shouldn't be handled amateurs with only domestic political goals in mind, in the middle we had a pandemic that exposed the failings of our Healthcare system, and at the end of the year we learned some folks chose politics over patriotism. 

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:
12 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

...as long as people continue to vote based on feelings or emotion, I'd expect regression not progress. 

Fwiw, I voted to get things back on track from 2016 and it wasn't because of emotion but facts. I wish we had the threads from before the election.

5 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

they did -

Yep. By over 7 million votes.

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, I voted to get things back on track from 2016 and it wasn't because of emotion but facts. I wish we had the threads from before the election.

Wasn't directing my comment at you, I know I butted in on a conversation between you and Gilbert --- I personally think we've been off track way before 2016 and if there is light at the end of the tunnel, I fear it is a freight train.   wait, if it is a train and we're off the tracks, then we're safe ... oh well, you know what I meant.  Peace. ☮️

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

as long as people continue to vote based on feelings or emotion, I'd expect regression not progress. 

it really is tough to find many who vote on facts. I have asked several people to point out facts, but they say "I feel that..." Like Gilbert pointed out, they have been in office for 50 years, and did nothing but make things worse, then blamed the one who had just got here for any problems. J and the H show have already said that they are going to keep trying failed programs. 

• dtel locked this topic