Detroit quartets $700. Is this the going rate these days?

DTO

I would assume this would be an appropriate place to find out the current market trends on such a commodity.

14 minutes ago, richieb said:

Sold mine for much less in pretty fair shape but going rate? Going rate is what the market bears and like most products the market will eventually set the price —

market trend.

35 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Everybody has a price, I would not go above 400 for a set.

At the most. I found them to be over rated and one set was enough for me and I have passed them all up since then. If I were still looking for speakers to restore these would not be one of them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dave A said:

At the most. I found them to be over rated and one set was enough for me and I have passed them all up since then. If I were still looking for speakers to restore these would not be one of them.

I have two pair in the basement media room only getting use as surrounds. Plenty good for that but if people were actually buying at $700 I’d sell them in a minute!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DTO said:

I have two pair in the basement media room only getting use as surrounds. Plenty good for that but if people were actually buying at $700 I’d sell them in a minute!

Well list them and see. One thing is for sure prices on used Klipsch seem to go up every month and get harder to find.

I just offered him 250 form. I will lowball them for you so you can try to get them at a lower price. But one thing is is he has all the literature and packing material in the Klipsch boxes that they came in. That does add some value to them, but me personally I wouldn’t pay more than 500 to 550

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a related topic, I also sold a pair of Forte 2s for a grand two years ago. REALLY thought they were over-rated once I got a pair of Chorus 2s.

Yet this summer I could not give away my Chorus 2s for $1200 before I moved.

I’m pretty happy about that though, they blow the grilles off the Fortes and I have room for them in my new house.

People are funny.

They will spend a lot for a little, but little for more. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, geoff. said:

On a related topic, I also sold a pair of Forte 2s for a grand two years ago. REALLY thought they were over-rated once I got a pair of Chorus 2s.

Yet this summer I could not give away my Chorus 2s for $1200 before I moved.

I’m pretty happy about that though, they blow the grilles off the Fortes and I have room for them in my new house.

People are funny.

They will spend a lot for a little, but little for more. 

Life is funny that way. When you are looking for something few are to be found and pricey. When you don't want them cheap and plentiful. Chorus rules the roost over Fortes and Cornwalls.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Madman1 said:

I wasn’t much of a fan of quartets either, but some people desire the smaller foot print. If a couple inches isn’t issue without question Forte’s are the way to go. 

To me there's a pretty big performance gap between the quartet and forte, much more significant than the size difference imo. If you're looking for a smaller size the klf line or even some of the kg line are better options 

• Like 1

The Quartet was the only pair from the Heritage / Extended Heritage that I didn't have, so I bought / traded for a pair late last year. I think the three step proportionately, and is room size dependent.  I don't expect the Quartet to hang with the Forte and the Forte needs to stay on the porch if the Chorus are ready to sing. 

(EDIT>> $700 is Forte II in great condition pricing. It wasn't long ago that one could buy Chorus for that price.

• Like 2