Advice on this listing

andruw000

Hello Klipsch experts,

I'm new to the world of Klipsch speakers and would appreciate feedback on this listing. Aside from demo'ing them in person, anything else I should be aware of/ask? Wonder if the seller is a member here...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/220036096157550/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined 

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I would say that the new veneer looks nice, although hard to tell the quality of installation from the photos.  You should look them over carefully.  Are the tweeters fully new, or just the diaphragms?  Any other mods or upgrades, crossovers?  Take your own music to demo.  Try to have them set up in the demo as close as possible to how/where you will listen, meaning distance, corner placement, etc.  Lastly, I'd say the price is at least $150 too high.  JMHO.  Good luck.  Fallbrook is a pretty area.

5 minutes ago, andruw000 said:

Thanks everyone, not all forums are as welcoming. How concerning is the damage to the passive? Would a negative impact be expected beyond the aesthetics? 

As long as it was repaired correctly to seal the cabinet it'll only be cosmetic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

As long as it was repaired correctly to seal the cabinet it'll only be cosmetic. 

Pretty much agree with this, but I think it's also important that you take a look at the passive while playing some bass heavy music.  

Let us know how you fare with these.