Christmas Songs Klipsch Forum Style

thebes

Could use a thread to spread some holiday cheer, but hopefully not of the supermarket  or shopping mall variety. After all, my fellow Kiipschers know a thing or two about music so let's pass along some seasonal tunes. 

First up, although not a strictly Christmas song, it's seems ot more than fit the season and given the magic in Aaron Neville's voice Schubert's "Ave Maria" fits the bill.

• Like 2

Could use a thread to spread some holiday cheer, but hopefully not of the supermarket  or shopping mall variety. After all, my fellow Kiipschers know a thing or two about music so let's pass along some seasonal tunes. 

First up, although not a strictly Christmas song, it's seems ot more than fit the season and given the magic in Aaron Neville's voice Schubert's "Ave Maria" fits the bill.

https://youtu.be/w8ZALXxjY6s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Great contributions guys, and tunes outside of the box

Another not strictly seasonal, actually I think it's a great fit for hanukkah,  but still magical. K.D Lang's, cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah".

https://youtu.be/Y5bKtRU0Q6c

Jethro Tull - Christmas song - YouTube

Once in Royal David's City stood a lowly cattle shed,
where a mother laid her baby.
You'd do well to remember the things He later said.
When you're stuffing yourselves at the Christmas parties,
you'll laugh when I tell you to take a running jump.
You're missing the point I'm sure does not need making;
that Christmas spirit is not what you drink.

So how can you laugh when your own mother's hungry
and how can you smile when the reasons for smiling are wrong?
And if I messed up your thoughtless pleasures,
remember, if you wish, this is just a Christmas song.

Hey, Santa... pass us that bottle, will you?

Heck another one of those days. 

Neither browser lets me post what I want, but Ian can do some of his dry wit even with a Christmas tune!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RT FAN said:

Robert Earl Keen and Lyle Lovett were roommates @ Texas A&M. I believe they wrote ‘The Front Porch Song” together, which both have recorded.

I have not been lucky enough to have seen Robert Earl Keen in person but have seen Lyle 5 or 6 times.

Last time was a couple years ago with John Hiatt, were they played a couple hours together trading off tunes.

FANTASTIC show!

• Like 1

I am on the other side of that coin, I have seen REK several times but never caught Lyle in concert. Both are excellent songwriters. I have 15+ cds of these artists between them. Never lucky enough to have seen John Hiatt, but his album “Stolen Moments” is one of the best albums of the last 30 years. 

I am on the other side of that coin, I have seen REK several times but never caught Lyle in concert. Both are excellent songwriters. I have 15+ cds of these artists between them. Never lucky enough to have seen John Hiatt, but his album “Stolen Moments” is one of the best albums of the last 30 years. 

I saw Robert Earle Keene open for Jimmy Buffett. Great show.

• Like 1