What size of centre channel and sub to pair with RP-600m?

Speakerbox12

Good afternoon all. 

I'm setting up my tv room with a pair of rp-600m  bookshelf speakers and was wondering what size of centre to go with? My space is a about 12x12ft so not a large room but I want good sound for watching tv and the odd movie. I was thinking of the rp-500c but should I go bigger or wider? Or would that be sufficient in that space?

As for sub I currently have an older 10" klipsch sub that I'm thinking of moving to another area. Would I benefit from a 12" or does the 10 compliment the 600m's better? 

I have a denon x3600h receiver powering the setup. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

The RP-600c matches the drivers in the 600m.

Most older Klipsch subs aren't that great unless you happen to have something like the RSW-10.

Thanks I'll check out the 600c. 

My sub is an sw-110 is it any good? If I replace it would another 10 make sense with the 6" speakers or should I go with a 12?

8 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Bigger is usually better, I'd rather have a 12" idling than a 10" struggling. Don't skimp on the center, it's the most important speaker in a home theater.

I'm leaning towards the RP series center. Would it make sense to go with the 600 size? Can a centre driver be too big? 

As for 12" subs....are the reference series sufficient or is it worth splurging on the SPL series? 

1 minute ago, Speakerbox12 said:

I'm leaning towards the RP series center.

I would hope considering you have or going to purchase the RP-600M's.

2 minutes ago, Speakerbox12 said:

Would it make sense to go with the 600 size?

Absolutely.  Matching drivers in LCR is a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Speakerbox12 said:

Can a centre driver be too big? 

I suppose if they were maybe 10 to 12 inch drivers.

Bill

2 hours ago, Speakerbox12 said:

I'm leaning towards the RP series center. Would it make sense to go with the 600 size? Can a centre driver be too big? 

As for 12" subs....are the reference series sufficient or is it worth splurging on the SPL series? 

If you get a center you want it to match your front main speakers as close as possible.  In that case, the RP-600C is the absolutely perfect match. 

The SW-110 is better than the Reference series subs.  If you want an upgrade in that area go with a second SW-110.  

Most people get the rp-500c to go with the bookshelves just since it's small and cheap which fits the bookshelf theme.  Any of them will work though, several people have gotten the RP-504C, that's going to get you the best midbass.  

On 12/13/2020 at 8:10 PM, wuzzzer said:

If you get a center you want it to match your front main speakers as close as possible.  In that case, the RP-600C is the absolutely perfect match. 

The SW-110 is better than the Reference series subs.  If you want an upgrade in that area go with a second SW-110.  

I don't have room for a 2nd sub in the room. Would the 12" SPL be a logical upgrade if I could only have one? 

37 minutes ago, Speakerbox12 said:

I don't have room for a 2nd sub in the room. Would the 12" SPL be a logical upgrade if I could only have one? 

Don't get hung up on having to have a Klipsch sub. There are better brands of subwoofer out there. 

Klipsch subs have a bit of a reputation for less than reliable amplifiers.

On 12/13/2020 at 6:48 PM, Ceptorman said:

Don't skimp on the center, it's the most important speaker in a home theater.

This ^^^.

The reason the center is the most important speaker is ninety percent of TV/movies is dialog, and 90% of dialog/vocals comes out out of the center speaker.  As Mr. @Ceptorman said, get the best center speaker you can afford.

I suggest the RP-504C.  504C owners rave about the sound and it costs half of what the mighty RC-64 III costs. 

I've never heard the 504C.  I own the RC-64 III and the RP-600M.

1 hour ago, Speakerbox12 said:

I have another room that needs a sub though. So if I upgrade would I be better to go with a 12 for the 6" bookshelf speakers over a new 10?

Depends on the sub.  A really nice 10 will obviously outperform a mediocre 12.  It all depends on your room size/what you watch and listen to/how loud you listen/etc.  Just go with the nicest sub in your budget.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speakerbox12 said:

I have another room that needs a sub though. So if I upgrade would I be better to go with a 12 for the 6" bookshelf speakers over a new 10?

Well looks like another sub is wanted so, if you want to have a 12 also, why not. That way if the 10 isnt enough, you will have one.

Sales going on so shop wisely and, if a deal not good enough for you, there will always be a bargains after this period.

1 hour ago, hachuelo said:

Does anybody have compared the RC62 with the RP600C? I got the RC62 and for me it sounds boxy and bass shy. Would it be an upgrade? or not so much.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!

Didn't know there was an RP600-C.

The RC-62 is about being the center channel for voice and dialogue primarily.

Main speakers and/or subwoofer is for the bass assignment.

Welcome to the forum!
Didn't know there was an RP600-C.
The RC-62 is about being the center channel for voice and dialogue primarily.
Main speakers and/or subwoofer is for the bass assignment.

Thanks Bob. Probably I stated my question wrong. I just want to know if somebody here replaced the RC62 with the RP600-C and felt it was an upgrade. As I was saying I think that the RC62 sound boxy and doesn't have bass.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hachuelo said:

Thanks Bob. Probably I stated my question wrong. I just want to know if somebody here replaced the RC62 with the RP600-C and felt it was an upgrade. As I was saying I think that the RC62 sound boxy and doesn't have bass.

Maybe someone will see this.

To be sure, start your own topic in home theater section to ask that.

Thanks!