subwoofer went silent

TBird1961

I'ver lost the subwoofer in my home theater system. My subwoofer is a Klipsch R-112SW and my receiver is a Yamaha RX-A3030. I've attached photos of my connections. In my receiver setup I've checked that my subwoofer is in "Use" "Normal" mode and my playback is "9 ch sterio". My subwoofer power led is lit and I've tried both "on" and "auto" and phase "0" and "180". I've tried to run the auto speaker setup but no sound emits from the subwoofer when the test signal sounds are to be emitted.

My RCA cable seems to test for continuity and I've tried a second cable as well.

What else can I do at this point?

IMG_6695.JPG

IMG_6696.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter P. said:

You sure you're connected to the correct output on the Yamaha? Looks like you're using the "PRE OUT" "Front" connection. Does your Yamaha have a subwoofer output?

That's the subwoofer pre out for their receiver.  It has a separate "front" and "back" subwoofer pre out. 

I have the same receiver. I only use 1 of the sub pre out an connect it to the LFE input on my sub. The receiver supports 2 subs

Did it work connected like this? The 2 sub pre-outs to one sub? 

If your amp is indeed dead - either fix it or buy a new sub (I would suggest non-Klipsch).

Turn the sub on. Unplug the RCAs from the AVR while they're still plugged into the sub. turn sub up halfway. Tap the ends of the RCA end with your thumbs. No sound, its likely dead unless it has a fuse.  You can also plug anything with RCA's outs into the sub to check it, just turn the sub  down to start with.

12 hours ago, Peter P. said:

Prove the receiver output you're using is actually producing a signal.

I'd try connecting the sub to the  PRE OUT connections in the photo, just to verify there's still no output

It is connected to the pre out connections. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/14/2020 at 1:16 AM, TBird1961 said:

I'ver lost the subwoofer in my home theater system. My subwoofer is a Klipsch R-112SW and my receiver is a Yamaha RX-A3030. I've attached photos of my connections. In my receiver setup I've checked that my subwoofer is in "Use" "Normal" mode and my playback is "9 ch sterio". My subwoofer power led is lit and I've tried both "on" and "auto" and phase "0" and "180". I've tried to run the auto speaker setup but no sound emits from the subwoofer when the test signal sounds are to be emitted.

My RCA cable seems to test for continuity and I've tried a second cable as well.

What else can I do at this point?

IMG_6695.JPG

IMG_6696.JPG

• 2 weeks later...