Early Klipsch Christmas

ClaudeJ1

So I these showed up today. On sale for a mere $449 from Amazon with free shipping. My new computer speakers! Gone will be the KEF LS50's, which sound pretty good.

The Piano black finish on these RP-600M's is incredible. As good as the $1500 KEF's. Hello Ebay..............

DSC00451.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Nice new speakers. 

The KEF LS50's must have been great near field speakers.  Are you posting them here? 

I have a pair of the LS 50s Wireless Active speakers and they sound fabulous. I have never heard the passive LS50 versions.

5 minutes ago, Fido said:

I have a pair of the LS 50s Wireless Active speakers and they sound fabulous. I have never heard the passive LS50 versions.

Coaxial speakers will blend very well in a short distance.  I had Pioneer S1EX speakers with coaxial drivers and B&W Nautilus speakers with the tweeter very close to the midrange. I use N805s for my computer speakers,  All great imaging, I bet the KEF's are great. 

51 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Coaxial speakers will blend very well in a short distance.  I had Pioneer S1EX speakers with coaxial drivers and B&W Nautilus speakers with the tweeter very close to the midrange. I use N805s for my computer speakers,  All great imaging, I bet the KEF's are great. 

The imaging in near field listening on the LS50 Wireless at my office desk location is simply fantastic. I wish I could get that great of imaging out of my living room setup but there is a lot more going on between me and my speakers in that room and i am obviously farther away there

17 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

My new computer speakers! (respectful Snip!)

The Piano black finish on these RP-600M's is incredible.

Nice pickup, Claude.  The 600M's are no joke!  You'll find they sound good top to bottom, right out of the box.  They will sound even better after a month of regular playing.

I use a Paradigm 10" sub and that effectively turns the 2-ways into a 3-way system.  You now have a chest thump system that has a full sound at lower SPL.  I am listening now with that exact system and $67 100 wpc mini-amp on the computer. 

RP-600M in Black Ash

144802775_RP-600Monbox_small.thumb.jpg.39da8b7d756e12e2f30eac47eeb0a7fa.jpg

600M w/ DIY Reference 15 sub and RF-83

RP-600M on 15 inch sub_small.jpg

4 hours ago, rockhound said:

I would bet Claude is busy testing these babies and putting the through there paces. Just about everything Claude has modified or recommended in the past has worked well for me so if he says these things are good I will believe him.

so far so good, yes, they do sound very nice, but they replaced a more expensive good speaker with a smaller woofer and concentric tweeter...............so..............for the finishing touch, I have to get out of storage my Mackie 12" subwoofer that goes down to 19 Hz. and will fit under my desk. So basically, I'm right behind wvu80 on this. Also have a USB DAC stick from Monoprice with ESS Sabre DACs inside and an ICE Power amplifier with 50 WPC. This will be interesting indeed! When I sell the LS-50's, which are very good, I will have, effectively paid for the New Klipsch/used Mackie combo that should rock my face off while sitting 4 feet away from them..................did I also mention I use a 55" LG OLED 4K TV for a computer monitor?

I'm been called worse things than Mr. Overkill, eh?        You should hear my 2.1 setup downstairs with the Servo Drive Subwoofer 10 ft Horn!! But that is enough Holiday story time for today, children! LOL.

Claude is a crazy artistic man driven by extremes! I do agree though that every set of speakers needs a good subwoofer. I have a fairly large HSU sub under my desk to go with my LS50s wireless speakers and I love the sound of this system. If I had a larger desk in my office I could get one of those Danley spud subwoofers lol