Question on in-wall speakers

JKSaabh

hey guys,

I am designing a home theater in a  smallish basement that has an alcove. To make the room somewhat symmetric, I was planning to build a media cabinet / storage area on the left of the screen (shaded box in diagram). I had used the Klipsch RF-82 II Towers and RC-62 Center for several years in my previous 5.2.4 home theater but that basement was much larger. Given the constraints, I was thinking of replacing my three fronts with the Klipsch THX-502L in wall speakers. I plan on mounting the center behind the 120" acoustically transparent screen at ear level, and having the sides toed in towards the MLP. While the listening angle is not ideal (approx. 25 degrees), it will have to do. I do, however, have a question: I read the setup manual for the speakers and it suggests keeping the speakers 3ft from the side walls. I, unfortunately, don't have that luxury. Has anyone tried placing the in-wall speakers closer to the corner (or at the corner as in my case)? Would this cause problems? Thanks so much for your ideas.

Regards,

JK

RoomDim.thumb.png.71b1a93f099b631436dc5c9ac4024825.png

1962246233_SpeakerPlacement-2020-12-14_9-28-21.thumb.png.25dfdaf138e1774ccaf9fa9a5df2513c.png

Edited by JKSaabh
adding images