Klipsch belle klipsch pair for sale, eastern MA pick up

tpkjr

On 12/18/2020 at 8:57 AM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Well, I wonder how often the WR were made for owners to finish and about the stamping. Maybe @HDBRbuilder was there at the time. 

I don't have them anymore, but over the years I've owned a couple pairs of Cornwalls in Walnut Raw (WR) and a single Klipschorn in Mahogany Raw (MR). In the 60's and 70's there was apparently a Klipsch dealer in Portland, Oregon who ordered some speakers in unfinished hardwood veneers to save customers money. I have some old price sheets around that I'll try to dig out that show what the savings were. It was significant, not as great a bargain as Birch Raw, but a good savings over Walnut Oil. It also gave owners the opportunity to personally finish their speakers in a way they liked. The Mahogany Klipschorn I had was finished by the owner in a homebrew Prima Vera (bleached) finish. Forum members who are guitarists might recognize Prima Vera as similar to the "TV Yellow" finish of slab body mahogany Gibson Les Paul Specials from around 1960--which interestingly was about when the speaker was made.

• Like 1