Where did this thread go?

Chris A

I had what appeared to be a message from Mr Medwin and saw the same message.  I don't know yet if he possibly got banned and that caused it or something more interesting (sinister)

I've presumed he suffered a lockdown or ban 

Could big tech brother be infiltrating more than facebook and twitter?

• Like 1

No squabble...that's why I'm asking, unless there was a post after mine, as Richard has indicated just above.  I'd like to capture what I wrote for reuse elsewhere.  The OP on that thread has had all their posts removed/hidden.

Chris

53 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Mr Medwin and saw the same message.  I don't know yet if he possibly got banned and that caused it or something more interesting (sinister)

Not sure if it is a part of Chris' post, but it does look like most of JM's posts are gone. I was reading where he and one of the mods were not seeing eye-to-eye in one of Jeff's threads. 

54 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I'd like to capture what I wrote for reuse elsewhere. 

Hope you are successful.  

• Like 1

Could be that the OP was actually a sock puppet account that was zeroed out.  It wouldn't be the first time.  The only problem is--everyone else's comments disappeared, too. 

Chris

Perhaps this is a good place to state the obvious: I realize that we all live in a world that isn't perfect.  I've been aware of that since I first started making friends with kids on the block when I was extremely young (like age 6).  In that light, we all tend to give certain individuals extra rope when they need it here.  I think that one of the people that was mentioned by reference above probably gets as much rope as anyone.

One of the things that I've seen in this forum is:

1) The moderators in this forum try to address stuff that I'd call "schoolyard bullying" (i.e., troll-like behavior).  Bravo...for I've left other forums where the moderators fail to do that.  I think this place is actually kind of special, and I keep coming back to it because of that.

2) There is a lot of support offered by the members here (on average) to those needing help from time to time.  Sometimes certain individuals use up all of their "tokens" periodically.  We're all human and don't have endless supplies of support for those needing a lot of support.  I understand this, and try to stay away from conversations where notable members post on subjects where I can't agree on much at all.  I thank the members here that are supportive (even those that support the type of conversations that I choose not to join) to provide even a little of what these individuals need (including myself during tough times).  It's called kindness...and to some degree, maturity. 

3) I hope that the world becomes a little kinder as time goes on.  It seems to be generally going the opposite direction of late.  Hope springs eternal, however, and there is always the possibility that trend will reverse itself.  I do remember a time when forgiveness and acceptance seemed to be much more prevalent in young people.  In general, it was a better time to live, in retrospect.  I think the world has a better chance of becoming kinder when we lead by example.

Chris

• Like 1

Yes, but it's the end of the thread that got clipped off (the end of page 2 isn't there on Google), without Google providing a way to recover it (their crawler didn't run on the thread before it disappeared).

Chris

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

Could be that the OP was actually a sock puppet account that was zeroed out.  It wouldn't be the first time.  The only problem is--everyone else's comments disappeared, too. 

Chris

how about    the thread on the CT120 ------------------, gone

23 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Perhaps this is a good place to state the obvious: I realize that we all live in a world that isn't perfect. 

Yep, there is always room for improvement. 

38 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I think the world has a better chance of becoming kinder when we lead by example.

I would think that to be true, yet I have see several examples where people were doing a great job and still had lots of resistance.