SOLD: Alan Eaton SET 45 Monoblock Amps - $1250 Shipped in CONUS

tlarwa

Really nice pair of 45 monoblocks built by Alan Eaton.  Good review on his stereo version here: http://glowinthedarkaudio.com/alan-eaton-se45.html.  Sound excellent on my 97dB folded open baffle speakers.  These were my first exposure to the 45 tube, and I'm sold.  Point to point wiring, copper ground buss, Tamura OPTs  ... a virtually identical pair recently sold on the auction site by the builder for $1400.  See his description here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Single-ended-vintage-45-mono-block-tube-amplifiers-Tamura-output-transformers/184522957962?hash=item2af66ce48a:g:j6QAAOSwk4JfpInk.

I am including a pair of National Union 45 tubes, 2 pairs of 6SN7 tubes and a pair of 6AX5GT tubes.  I'm also including red and blue lamps (came with red, and I bought blue to match the rest of my system) and a brand new pair of Cardas CCBP-S brass speaker terminals (that cost me $80) that I was going to swap out for the stock terminals but never found the time to do.  No power cords included.  

I will pick up UPS shipping costs to the CONUS.   Amps will ship in two boxes.  I am around until the 22nd, after that I won't be able to ship until the 28th or so.  Let me know if you have any questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.  I have a bunch of photos that I am happy to email to you ... just send me a PM with your email address.  

Amps (and me) are located in SE WI (Lake Geneva).  Buyer is welcome to pick them up locally.    

Buyer to cover PP fees (3%).

IMG_1851.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, jcmusic said:

Just curious if you are sold on the 45 tube why the sale? Are you going to another 45 amp, if so which one?

I picked up the Welborne Star Chiefs that were for sale here, purely based on the reviews I read about them.  They're in my system now, and have a very similar sound to the Eaton amps.  I'm a habitual system tweaker, so it's not unusual for me to make changes on a whim!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tlarwa said:

I picked up the Welborne Star Chiefs that were for sale here, purely based on the reviews I read about them.  They're in my system now, and have a very similar sound to the Eaton amps.  I'm a habitual system tweaker, so it's not unusual for me to make changes on a whim!

Ok thanks for the reply I was just curious, as I run a 45 amp as well...

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...