Do Cornwall 4s need a subwoofer

Fido

Just throwing it in but....Cornwalls didnt need a sub back in the day....With newer pre/pro/avr almost every speaker needs a sub. I have Cerwin AT15's, they do NOT need a sub with anything that can drive them.With newer pre/pros I find I need a sub even with KLF 20/30's. I have an Emotiva PT100 into a very capable Parasound, still use rsw15 with 20's. I have a Project one Mark IIIB, it needs no sub driving Fluance Signature speakes with only two 8 inch drivers. All this applies to music, for HT there is a discrete signal subs would use.

It has been almost 6 months since I started this thread and I moved on past the Cornwall IVs sometime late last year. I have Forte IVS which I have had for a few months now and they sound amazing. Maybe not as BIG sounding as the Cornwall IVs but they go deeper than my Forte 1 s ever did and My HSU adds that low octave that some of the music I listen to highlights I  am more than happy with my current system setup,, UNTIL I am not anymore - lol

Thanks for all the replies and insights and opinions.

• Like 1

Answer to the posted question is YES. Even my subwoofers need subwoofers. How else am I supposed to simulate 2HZ earthquake zones? The problem is that I also need 582 feet to the wall to reinforce the wavelength boundary. Sorry I did not read the thread.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 12/18/2020 at 3:46 PM, Schu said:

No... Cornwwalls don't need a subwoofer.

No... Cornwalls don't go to the lowest octaves.

Confused. If a speaker cannot do 20hz to 40hz, then you NEED a very high quality subwoofer. I never met a speaker that did not benefit from my ENTEC SW-1 subwoofers, including Cornwalls.