Mr. Colter, if you're out there ...

BigStewMan

Michael @colterphoto1 posts with some regularity on Facebook.  He seems to be doing well.  As I recall, a date in November represents a significant milestone in his life.

Some recent posts on Facebook show him helping Elden @dtel with his recent building project.  Apparently, Christy @dtel's wife took photos.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Well since the bags out of the cat, yes I have seen him.

He came for a week and helped me, or I helped him depending on where you were standing when it happened. It almost killed us but he survived and I think I did also.

It was fun in a weightlifting kind of way, like he said "not bad for two 62 year old's".

He is doing well, probably a little sore but just fine other than that. The help was really appreciated to say the least.

Since the bags out of the cat......

shop (4).jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I miss Mr. Colter.  Super knowledgeable guy.  

And just so happens to be very organized, which helped alot.

29 minutes ago, Marvel said:

He's looking a little like David Crosby.

Yes he does, the first time he came here in 06 we picked him up at the airport. I told him it looked like we picked up Sammy Hagar, it's been a few years so David Crosby works also.

32 minutes ago, Marvel said:

(the one on the right... not sure about Elden)

Me neither, it is what it is, some only have so much to work with. :sad:

28 minutes ago, thebes said:

By the way, the measurements look off for a moderately sized horn loaded speaker.

Well we figured we will just put a large sized horn loaded speaker, close enough.

29 minutes ago, thebes said:

Did you guys check your math with the experts over in the Mod section? Or at least email Roy Delgado?

We looked for some experts over there but mostly people who call every change an "upgrade", not a true expert. Yes Roy knows what is going in the shop, my yard speakers will become shop speakers.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 6:32 PM, dtel said:

Well since the bags out of the cat, yes I have seen him.

He came for a week and helped me, or I helped him depending on where you were standing when it happened. It almost killed us but he survived and I think I did also.

It was fun in a weightlifting kind of way, like he said "not bad for two 62 year old's".

He is doing well, probably a little sore but just fine other than that. The help was really appreciated to say the least.

Since the bags out of the cat......

shop (4).jpeg

That was about the most fun two guys could have aside from re-building Klipsch speakers. We go way back, Elden helped me by picking up a pair of LSI-BG splits about a hundred years ago and used them until I could get pony express to bring them up here. That's what started the whole madness with him. We've visited each others homes several times, they're our home base when we go down to NOLA for a cruise, and we've been on several ( I can't even count) cruises together. Always good times with a Klipsch brother. I was happy to help out his building project. I tanked out after four days of humping steel, but we got him a good head start on the project. Just wait until the MWM/LS HF system is installed ! whoo boy is that gonna be a jamming shop! 

Michael Colter 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, colterphoto1 said:

That was about the most fun two guys could have aside from re-building Klipsch speakers. We go way back, Elden helped me by picking up a pair of LSI-BG splits about a hundred years ago and used them until I could get pony express to bring them up here. That's what started the whole madness with him. We've visited each others homes several times, they're our home base when we go down to NOLA for a cruise, and we've been on several ( I can't even count) cruises together. Always good times with a Klipsch brother. I was happy to help out his building project. I tanked out after four days of humping steel, but we got him a good head start on the project. Just wait until the MWM/LS HF system is installed ! whoo boy is that gonna be a jamming shop! 

Michael Colter 

Hey Michael, nice to see you posting.  Couldn’t help but notice that you’re saying “we” and “our.“  If it’s not being too nosy, is there a SO in your life nowadays or are you just using the “royal” we??  All the best!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, colterphoto1 said:

Hi guys, been ages since I've been on here. Union stagehand/audio guy now, totally without gigs for 9 months now. Anyway, thanks for the love! 

yer buddy,

Michael Colter 

ps it'll be interesting to see if I have a signature after this, I totally forget. 

Mike , just to keep you posted , @Speakerfritz   was back from years of absence ,as well not too long ago  -----you've lost weight my Friend ---nice to see you with Elden  and his Wife , Happy New Year -

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, colterphoto1 said:

Hi guys, been ages since I've been on here. Union stagehand/audio guy now, totally without gigs for 9 months now. Anyway, thanks for the love! 

yer buddy,

Michael Colter 

ps it'll be interesting to see if I have a signature after this, I totally forget. 

Der he is. Happy New Year Michael

On the sig. dis is what I got:

Systems recently re-inventoried and are found under 'System' 

Guys, I'm not a parts depot, inventory being depleted. I'll post when I'm selling something mmk? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 12/30/2020 at 8:48 AM, colterphoto1 said:

I tanked out after four days of humping steel, but we got him a good head start on the project.

It was both of us, moving slow and everything hurting. We had to stop before someone hurt themselves worse. 

I never did completely get over the sore joints and started back on some sheeting. After a few days of that on ladders I'm back on break, with most things sore again. 

Do not get old, it hurts.

Michael you have no idea how much I appreciate the help on the hardest part, glad that's over with and you made it fun. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 12/30/2020 at 8:48 AM, colterphoto1 said:

That's what started the whole madness with him.

And some of the madness was scary, like swimming in the Gulf of Mexico in a bad thunderstorm on top of us and no where to go, or like when I almost drowned kayaking after being sucked down under the water by a waterfall. 

Except for those two things it's been fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1