VH painted Heresy $900 Tulsa

Woofers and Tweeters

On 12/19/2020 at 1:57 PM, michaeldj09 said:

I think I like them 👍

I do too. Not for a living room, but for a shop or garage... 

On 12/19/2020 at 2:04 PM, RandyH000 said:

COOL way to cover up  -------damaged speaker cabinets -

I agree. 

34 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Looks MUCH better than Oak. 

Or Mahogany 

As an observation, as I see speaker stands in use with dead air space underneath, all I can think of is...................for about $200 total you can have a pair of Dayton Subwoofers UNDERNEATH each of the Heresys and have bass down to 30 hz. easily which is a huge improvement over the anemic bass you get when you don't wall/corner load a Heresy. Yet this practice, which PWK was against, still persists.

21 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

As an observation, as I see speaker stands in use with dead air space underneath, all I can think of is...................for about $200 total you can have a pair of Dayton Subwoofers UNDERNEATH each of the Heresys and have bass down to 30 hz. easily which is a huge improvement over the anemic bass you get when you don't wall/corner load a Heresy. Yet this practice, which PWK was against, still persists.

Am I forgiven Claude for placing my Supered HIPs on closed cell foam wedges (no dead air space) and placing them in the corners formed by two pair of DIY Exodus Anarchy tapped horn subs?

6BC8D6DF-7213-40DA-91E2-E3671034CA87.thumb.jpeg.8fc4687a0a32ce625096328f00833e4f.jpeg

23 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Am I forgiven Claude for placing my Supered HIPs on closed cell foam wedges (no dead air space) and placing them in the corners formed two pair of DIY Exodus Anarchy tapped horn subs?

Funny. Yes, having them close to the floor and tipped back is the ultimate way to do a Heresy, which is the most phase coherent speaker that PWK ever created, even though he did NOT believe in phase coherence at all. I was talking about the "air space" beneath by the airheads who do it that way for no other reason than convenience (just kidding about the airheads, but I couldn't resist).

• Thanks 1