La Scala AL5 ME plays the “HoBBIT”

mikebse2a3

The setup is way different than mine. I think may be better. 

Where are the subs your room? Also is preferred listening spot on the carpet? Looks like a  Klipschorns set up.  Just not in corners.

I have LS II toed in a lot less. But closer together. But have not tried that much toe in to see how center image holds up. And move further apart a few feet. 

These look like they cross in front of listening position. Mine intersect at the wall. About six feet behind preferred listening spot. 

My set up has the speakers 10’ apart and listening distance is about 10’ from each. Moving them apart will add a 1’ or so to listening distance. Widen sweet spot a little. Should be a good thing. 

2 hours ago, Panelhead said:

The setup is way different than mine. I think may be better. 

Where are the subs your room? Also is preferred listening spot on the carpet? Looks like a  Klipschorns set up.  Just not in corners.

I have LS II toed in a lot less. But closer together. But have not tried that much toe in to see how center image holds up. And move further apart a few feet. 

These look like they cross in front of listening position. Mine intersect at the wall. About six feet behind preferred listening spot. 

My set up has the speakers 10’ apart and listening distance is about 10’ from each. Moving them apart will add a 1’ or so to listening distance. Widen sweet spot a little. Should be a good thing. 

This room setup is a new work in progress and is going to be a bit complicated to achieve my goals of integrating both the Jubilee and La Scala systems in it with as little a compromises as possible so lots of things yet to come..!!! 🙂 

The sub is behind the listening chair primarily to assist with smoothing out the modal frequency response due to the room which is a bit difficult due to it being roughly 20’ x 20’ square.  I also like a visually relaxing front wall which assist in a believable soundstage and imaging and my sub would visually stand out if up front. 😁

The carpet is 10’ wide x 8’ deep and the front of the chair is not on the carpet but is at the edge of this carpet and on a separate carpet 6’ x 8’ so my ears are roughly 10’ back from the plane of the speakers.

Yes I prefer crossing the on axis of the La Scala slightly in front of the listening position because it tends to focus and stabilize the center images and isn’t as sensitive to head movements from side to side. Toe in also affects wall reflections which has to be taken into consideration in any room due to its effects on perceived tonal balance and imaging of the system/setup.

miketn

KPT-1502-HLS prototype sub...

F805BCAF-F679-4162-B933-819B09C5034F.thumb.jpeg.b87f0f59a526192477e757e009f8d0a9.jpeg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Well, lets hear it.😀

No way I can capture the sound I’m hearing ... let’s just say on the above song “ I See Fire” vocals are life size images and  the soundstage goes wall to wall with about 15’ to 20’ of depth and the La Scalas  totally disappear as sound sources.

• Like 2