sold

Iteachstem

I have four (4) OEM  K-31-K woofers available. These are used in the KLF-30's and the Jubilee.

Price:

4 for $600

2 for $350

We all know these don't pop up all that often.  So here is your change to obtain some original drivers!

In doing a search, there is only one other set on ebay for $800.

Garage audition available to verify correct functionality.

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Interesting to see that they only have 4 holes.

Is that typical on 12" drivers verses (however many the K33 has) at 15"?

When I built my "Jubilee" bass bins, I used those same woofers. The frame actually has 8 holes. What you are looking at is a plastic ring that inserts into the frame. The ring only has 4 holes (as you observed), but it can be easily drilled for the additional holes. In my build, I drilled the extra four holes so the woofer would be attached in 8 spots (into hurricane nuts I might add). Yes, DIYers tend to overdo things .....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, whatever55 said:

the front and back have 4 holes...   is that a 2 piece ring ?     also what is the difference between the early version and if there is one the newer version ?

I don't pretend to know but I think the source of the originals dried up so they went to another manufacturer.  My understanding is the TS parameters are the same.

12 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I don't pretend to know but I think the source of the originals dried up so they went to another manufacturer.  My understanding is the TS parameters are the same.

From what I have seen the original k-31 (for sale here) have a very thin graphite (plastic like) cone and the newer cones are a more standard paper cone.

In a night of drunken absurdity I blew up two of these in my old KLF-30's, I had bi-amped my Sunfire 225x5 so in theory the speakers were seeing 450 watts into the woofer section at 4 ohm and i cranked the hell out of them for hours on end. The next morning I discovered that one of the cones was pushed out beyond the magnet gap and was frozen like that the other had a couple splits in the actual cone itself that went all the way through. I felt very lucky at the time I was able to find a couple of used replacements as they do not come up for sale often.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coytee said:

Interesting to see that they only have 4 holes.

The trim ring can be popped off exposing the typically spaced 8 mounting holes.  Some people like to use all 8 and then you can simply glue the trim ring back on.  I know on my klf 20's one of the trim rings just fell off while I was listening to background music.  The glue used gets brittle. (Klipsch and their glue issues...ugh!) I just used a little hot glue and have never had an issue with it falling off or vibrating.

8 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Yes, DIYers tend to overdo things .....

I agree... but, it's not really overdoing it, it's doing it right and to our specifications... as we don't have to report to an accounting department and worry about our profit margins.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...