Jump to content

Please read, who is saying this? Hello newbie!


DTO
 Share

Recommended Posts

I thought Iteachstem, after trading his Fortes for these (your) KLF 30s, and refurbishing the cabinets, left the OEM drivers installed. Is that not correct?

 

The cabinets do look nice, BTW. It would be good to see a close up of the cabinet bases, where the water damage occurred, and was repaired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blvdre said:

I thought Iteachstem, after trading his Fortes for these (your) KLF 30s, and refurbishing the cabinets, left the OEM drivers installed. Is that not correct?

 

The cabinets do look nice, BTW. It would be good to see a close up of the cabinet bases, where the water damage occurred, and was repaired.

 

That is correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Blvdre said:

I thought Iteachstem, after trading his Fortes for these (your) KLF 30s, and refurbishing the cabinets, left the OEM drivers installed. Is that not correct?

 

The cabinets do look nice, BTW. It would be good to see a close up of the cabinet bases, where the water damage occurred, and was repaired.

My apologies! I did not realize these were those. I hadn’t seen klf-30s that color around this way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Blvdre said:

I thought Iteachstem, after trading his Fortes for these (your) KLF 30s, and refurbishing the cabinets, left the OEM drivers installed. Is that not correct?

I pulled the drivers to refinish the cabinets.  The plan was to order the Ciare drivers, but they were out of stock... and are still on back order as of 12/21/2020.  So I put them back in.

 

I have a friend who is interested in the KLF 30's I restored  However, he is wanting to use them in his shop.  I told him that if he gets a little silly at beer-thirty on a Friday and blows one of the woofers, they are very hard to come by.  So, I ordered up some aluminum cone bad boys that would meet his needs and yet still sound awesome!  They are about 3dB less efficient than the stock drivers, but he is bi-amping, so it is not an issue as he can adjust for that in signal processing and amplification.

 

image6.jpeg.9f8e10cdb5186d907157e8763d68c9ff.jpeg

 

image4.jpeg.fa4250715c3f9b27a88c3bb41947dc9d.jpeg

 

The challenge speakers....

image0.jpeg.13011e5e0dc786bad75f065754d8e6d7.jpeg

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Iteachstem said:

I pulled the drivers to refinish the cabinets.  The plan was to order the Ciare drivers, but they were out of stock... and are still on back order as of 12/21/2020.  So I put them back in.

 

I have a friend who is interested in the KLF 30's I restored  However, he is wanting to use them in his shop.  I told him that if he gets a little silly at beer-thirty on a Friday and blows one of the woofers, they are very hard to come by.  So, I ordered up some aluminum cone bad boys that would meet his needs and yet still sound awesome!  They are about 3dB less efficient than the stock drivers, but he is bi-amping, so it is not an issue as he can adjust for that in signal processing and amplification.

 

image6.jpeg.9f8e10cdb5186d907157e8763d68c9ff.jpeg

 

image4.jpeg.fa4250715c3f9b27a88c3bb41947dc9d.jpeg

 

The challenge speakers....

image0.jpeg.13011e5e0dc786bad75f065754d8e6d7.jpeg

 

 

 

What woofers are those in the KLF-30? Stock?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am glad you were able to salvage these. Nice work! I came across DTO locally as he was purchasing stuff cheap around Chicago and reposting on the Klipsch forum and other local sites the next day. The claims of labor intensive sanding and refinishing were just untrue. I was in contact with the seller that had sold them to him, but couldn’t make the trip. The Academy’s, quartets and Chorus’ that are bragged about on here were all purchased well below market value and then flipped here or locally. To each his own, but when called out privately the lies came spewing out. This is a great community and glad he was finally exposed for the deception. I don’t believe deleting threads with serious issues would serve as justice.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LotsToLearnCW1 said:

I am glad you were able to salvage these. Nice work! I came across DTO locally as he was purchasing stuff cheap around Chicago and reposting on the Klipsch forum and other local sites the next day. The claims of labor intensive sanding and refinishing were just untrue. I was in contact with the seller that had sold them to him, but couldn’t make the trip. The Academy’s, quartets and Chorus’ that are bragged about on here were all purchased well below market value and then flipped here or locally. To each his own, but when called out privately the lies came spewing out. This is a great community and glad he was finally exposed for the deception. I don’t believe deleting threads with serious issues would serve as justice.

Mmmm who are you? And when did I do this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LotsToLearnCW1 said:

I am glad you were able to salvage these. Nice work! I came across DTO locally as he was purchasing stuff cheap around Chicago and reposting on the Klipsch forum and other local sites the next day. The claims of labor intensive sanding and refinishing were just untrue. I was in contact with the seller that had sold them to him, but couldn’t make the trip. The Academy’s, quartets and Chorus’ that are bragged about on here were all purchased well below market value and then flipped here or locally. To each his own, but when called out privately the lies came spewing out. This is a great community and glad he was finally exposed for the deception. I don’t believe deleting threads with serious issues would serve as jus minds want to know one post “newbie”

Inquiring minds would like to know? Newbie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LotsToLearnCW1 said:

To each his own, but when called out privately the lies came spewing out.

 

1 hour ago, DTO said:

And when did I do this? 

lol. 

 

 

6 hours ago, LotsToLearnCW1 said:

I am glad you were able to salvage these.

Me too, and welcome to the forum. Hope that you post more and aren't a one hit wonder.... or is it wander? 

 

 

6 hours ago, LotsToLearnCW1 said:

I came across DTO locally as he was purchasing stuff cheap around Chicago and reposting on the Klipsch forum and other local sites the next day. The claims of labor intensive sanding and refinishing were just untrue. I was in contact with the seller that had sold them to him, but couldn’t make the trip. The Academy’s, quartets and Chorus’ that are bragged about on here were all purchased well below market value and then flipped here or locally. To each his own, but when called out privately the lies came spewing out. This is a great community and glad he was finally exposed for the deception. I don’t believe deleting threads with serious issues would serve as justice.

 

python_grail.thumb.jpg.5e2a13571fa9dff71b39ba58f4d28f7b.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you suggesting quartets migrate??? 

 

I reminded you that it was looked down upon to flip merch to the community through the forum. According to your post it seems it was August that you bought the 8.5/10 oak quartets and matching  9/10 academy for ~$500 and immediately flipped the academy. I believe I saw another thread about you trying to find the going rate on quartets and posted a link from Detroit. Either way, when I saw iteachstem have an issue with some shady deals it validated my suspicions over the past few months. 
 

We live in an anarcho-syndicalist commune and we take turns to act as an executive officer for the week... not sure if we would need a simple majority or 2/3rds majority in this instance?

5DBD7C6A-A36A-443A-BBA3-08978828A66A.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LotsToLearnCW1 said:

Are you suggesting quartets migrate??? 

 

I reminded you that it was looked down upon to flip merch to the community through the forum. According to your post it seems it was August that you bought the 8.5/10 oak quartets and matching  9/10 academy for ~$500 and immediately flipped the academy. I believe I saw another thread about you trying to find the going rate on quartets and posted a link from Detroit. Either way, when I saw iteachstem have an issue with some shady deals it validated my suspicions over the past few months. 
 

We live in an anarcho-syndicalist commune and we take turns to act as an executive officer for the week... not sure if we would need a simple majority or 2/3rds majority in this instance?

5DBD7C6A-A36A-443A-BBA3-08978828A66A.png

So? Do i have a super fan or a stalker? I also realize that this a community but did not realize we are communists. And where are these quartets I’m selling? 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...