Ipod question

Coytee

Scenario:  Had an old PC that was windows 7 based.  On a Satellite so I've been ignoring the "update your I-Tunes" for several months so I don't waste download.

Get new (but old) PC (Windows 10) and installed I-Tunes since it wasn't on there.

Took my I-Pod, hooked it up.  Knew I had to create a list that would be moved to the Ipod.  Went through the playlist to create a new playlist in the new setup, added some new stuff.

The Ipod and iTunes don't seem to see each other.  I seem unable to copy the playlist from the PC to the Ipod.  As best I can tell, everything works as it should.  (I can play, update I-Tunes, I can play the Ipod on its own)  I just can't seem to find the right touch to update the Ipod with the updated playlist that I have in iTunes.

Thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?

Side note, I was content with what the old PC was doing for me but it's tax time and seems TurboTax "will NOT" work on a Windows 7 machine so I had to pay something like $125 to update the machine to windows 10.....  I found a newer, faster PC with Windows 10 already on it for $80 so went that route.....  TurboTax works fine.....but now my Ipod is messing up!

Well...  might have just found my issue.  Ipod was plugged into monitor (Apple) which has a pass through USB to the back of PC.  Being lazy and tired of reaching for the plug, I pulled it out of monitor...  plugged into front of PC and an error popped up saying I had to restore the Ipod for it to work on this PC.

So, with not much to lose, I hit "restore"....and am now waiting to see what happens.

Looking like it's a software version issue....  going to wipe the Ipod clean it seems.

Only reason I'm updating this thread  is because I really dislike it when I ask a question and then near immediately,. the answer falls into my lap making me look like the dumbazz that I'm destined to be.

Yep, downloaded newer software version, erased all info on Ipod and is ready to start from scratch.

I've been working on this issue for 3 days now.  Today is the first time I plugged it into the FRONT port on the PC.  It's been plugged into the rear and monitor prior to now.

I would have thought that a USB is a USB is a USB.  Apparently that isn't the case.

• Like 1

@CoyteeThe U in USB is universal, but not so much!  Not to hijack your thread but...

Have you ever moved your iTunes library... wow then you really get to see how crazy software programmers can be!

It took me a while but I figured it out, moved my library of tunes and videos etc from the default C drive which on my PC which is a small SSD to a terabyte USB connected drive. All was well until I bought something new and couldn’t find it. Ahhh, it’s back at the original C drive location.

Fun with Apple and Microsoft never ends.