Radio Shack K-horns. Who knew?

wetowne

I did see and hear those back in the day when I was a young teenager. Funny thing is they did not come with any drivers. You either used what you had or bought them from RS. They did not sound as nice as the real Klipsch k-horns. The old man that had them owned a tv repair shop. He had the RS and Klipsch k-horns in the from of his store.

I think I was 12 when I got to play with them. He would yell at me for turning them up so loud that his turntable would skip and start to feedback though the speakers. Lol. He had some Frankenstein tube amps hook up to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Thanks for the link.  That could kill a lot of time.

The Lafayette Radio catalogs bring back fond memories.  A woman I knew in college had a simple Lafayette system that sounded pretty good.  I especially enjoyed the time she thanked me for installing speakers in her 280Z; the Stones never sounded better.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Fred Klipsch I believed owned Klipsch for some time.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Fred owned it many years after that ad came out. 

Not sure but i think I heard someone had permission to build some at one time, could be wrong.

Electro-Voice, Brociner, Radio Shack, and possibly others, sold speakers under license from Klipsch.  The only time I met PWK (never met PAK) I asked about licensing deals.  He said they had been discontinued due to his reluctance to associate his name with products, the quality of which, he could not control.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Electro-Voice, Brociner, and Radio Shack, and possibly others, sold speakers under license from Klipsch.  The only time I met PWK (never met PAK) I asked about licensing deals.  He said they had been discontinued due to his reluctance to associate his name with products, the quality of which, he could not control.

Yes Brociner.

brociner.jpg.7155a4943b6eaf7c96dde5cf7e65fe22.jpg From Audio Engineering magazine.  ...bass reproduction without hangover.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

We Should not forget the Speakerlab  khorn products but these were not Licensed products -as far as I know , they were  clones of the Khorn  -

They were not licensed.  They did not need to be licensed as the patent had expired.  The trademarks were still, and are still, in force, so PWK objected to any violation of trademarks.

• Like 1