Radio Shack K-horns. Who knew?

wetowne

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

They were not licensed.  They did not need to be licensed as the patent had expired.  The trademarks were still, and are still, in force, so PWK to any violation of trademarks.

Speakerlab   no longer copy the klipsch products-    but if they could , they would in a heartbeat

You are correct to say that no one could trademark a  Khorn  ,   and the same would apply to a  Speakerlab K , since the line is very fine  , K  stands for Khorn and  Klipsch -

The market, not Klipsch attorneys, killed knock-offs of products no longer protected by patents.  Speakerlab, and later Shinall, built Klipsch designed bass bins with impunity.  It was not difficult to avoid trademark infringement.   It was the dearth of buyers willing to pay for expensive new knock-offs, especially with a large supply of used real Klipsch, that killed the demand for knock-off Klipsch designed bass bins.  

The Speakerlab that exists today was resurrected after the demise of the original Speakerlab.  IMO, Speakerlab has no desire to sell Klipschorn style bass bins.  If it chose to, it could do so freely; the patents expired long ago.  They don’t build them because there is no market for them, not out of any fear of legal action from Klipsch.  Building and selling designs no longer covered by patents is allowed, so long as any still protected trademarks are not infringed.  

On 12/24/2020 at 12:04 PM, wetowne said:

If you are looking to kill some time here's a great link.

look under "Technical & Engineering" then "Audio & Sound" for old audiophile magazines.

https://worldradiohistory.com/index.htm

Within this listing is the publication “High Fidelity”. The December 1963 edition has a review of Klipschorns with a center- channel Cornwall as a three channel system. Very highly regarded in the review, excerpts of this were used in Klipsch literature for many years.

My introduction to Klipsch in the early seventies was via a three channel setup. I heard two Cornwalls and a Heresy at a friends house and was gob-smacked. My budget was constrained at the time but I did manage to buy 2 new Heresys in 1977, while shopping at the klipsch dealer I got to hear two K-horns and a Cornwall that really sounded amazing. If only I had the room...c'est la vie.