Christmas Dinner

Edgar

Now don't over do it, Edgar.

Me last night was Bay Scallops, topped with a lemon-garlic-wine sauce and a light salad, with a nice Chardonnay.

Tonight . Lamb with baked asparagus, fresh tomatoes , stuffing and I'm decanting a 1973 Chateau Pichon LaLande Pauillac.

I'm sitting here all alone this year so I might as well celebrate a little.

22 minutes ago, thebes said:

Now don't over do it, Edgar.

Me last night was Bay Scallops, topped with a lemon-garlic-wine sauce and a light salad, with a nice Chardonnay.

Tonight . Lamb with baked asparagus, fresh tomatoes , stuffing and I'm decanting a 1973 Chateau Pichon LaLande Pauillac.

I'm sitting here all alone this year so I might as well celebrate a little.

Merry Christmas thebes , Your not alone you have all of us  24/7 is that not the best gift you have ever gotten . 😉

Very kind words guys.

I'm excited about the wine. A customer moved and left almost two cases of various vintages and years behind.  Get this. One of them dates back to 1958! Now granted, these were probably not stored properly and most will be no good. He told me he bought most of them because he liked the labels. A mixture of French and California reds mostly.  I've shared out six bottles of various brands and flavors with two oenophile customers of mine, so it's time to pop one open and see what I can see. It's like opening a sealed album from back in the day. You want to listen to it, but you know once it's open it can't be undone. Speaking of which, my only present to myself this year is a sealed  Canadian label, mid-80's 16 track remaster of Little Richard!

Haven't worked up the courage to open it yet.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TasDom said:

As long as you have faith and/or music, you are never alone....

Merry Christmas!

My father used to blast this through the entire house on Christmas. Perhaps I'll spin it up now.

R-4216203-1531680965-2987.jpg

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Edgar said:

My father used to blast this through the entire house on Christmas. Perhaps I'll spin it up now.

R-4216203-1531680965-2987.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=songs+of+christmas+norman+luboff+choir

YouTube is somewhat amazing.  I found something that I KNEW else nobody had...from childhood.  The whole album is there, especially my favorite: have you ever heard jazz bassoon and flute?

Chris

• Like 3

My next-door neighbor has been out of steady work for six months, so I'm cooking for two other broke tenants and him and his two sons...two corned beef briskets with cabbage, a spiral-cut ham, brown rice, Brussel sprouts, Hawaiian rolls with Amish butter,  and store-bought cupcakes. I'm already into my ration of Fosters. Merry Christmas!!!

SSH

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ssh said:

My next-door neighbor has been out of steady work for six months, so I'm cooking for two other broke tenants and him and his two sons...two corned beef briskets with cabbage, a spiral-cut ham, brown rice, Brussel sprouts, Hawaiian rolls with Amish butter,  and store-bought cupcakes. I'm already into my ration of Fosters. Merry Christmas!!!

SSH

From what I have read about small business permanent closings,

I am holding my breath for 2021.

MC

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ssh said:

SSH

real kind of you to  help others have a Christmas Dinner -in this time of need ,  Merry Christmas

• Like 3

Still early here... just got finished with homemade wholewheat/buckwheat waffles with pure maple syrup and homemade cranberry sauce. Coffee and Irish whiskey flowing. Later tri tip roast on the bbQ with green bean casserole, baked potatoes. Pumpkin pie for desert with real homemade whipped cream.

Merry Christmas to All.

• Like 2