Best Center Channel and Surround Sound Speakers to match my RF-5s

Johnny777

New member here. I’ve had my Klipsch speakers for a few years now. My current setup is:

Onkyo TX NR585

Center Channel - R25C 

Left/Right Fronts - RF-5

Left/Right Rear Surrounds - R-15M

Subwoofer R-10SW

The RF-5s are excellent. Very punchy with great clarity. The R25C however is disappointing. It is often hard to make out dialogue and I have it set to +12db and the left and right at -4db just to balance the levels. The rear speakers sound fair but are thin and lack the warmth of the RF-5s.

I've been looking at the RC-7 and RC-62 II to replace the R25C. Does anybody know which center channel would match the RF-5s the best, in regard to equal loudness and tone? 

I’m also interested in replacing the R-15Ms with RS-7s. Are RS-7s the best choice or is there something better to match the RF-5s?

Thanks,

John

@Johnny777,

Welcome to the forum.

IMO, as far as dedicated horizontally oriented center speakers go, the RC-7 would be "best, RC-3 next and so on.

17 hours ago, Johnny777 said:

I’m also interested in replacing the R-15Ms with RS-7s. Are RS-7s the best choice or is there something better to match the RF-5s?

Yes, RS-7's best, then RS-3's.  RB-5 bookshelf speakers would match almost perfectly but with rear ports you would have to get creative with mounting on wall.

Bill

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 8:32 PM, Johnny777 said:

New member here. I’ve had my Klipsch speakers for a few years now. My current setup is:

Onkyo TX NR585

Center Channel - R25C 

Left/Right Fronts - RF-5

Left/Right Rear Surrounds - R-15M

Subwoofer R-10SW

The RF-5s are excellent. Very punchy with great clarity. The R25C however is disappointing. It is often hard to make out dialogue and I have it set to +12db and the left and right at -4db just to balance the levels. The rear speakers sound fair but are thin and lack the warmth of the RF-5s.

I've been looking at the RC-7 and RC-62 II to replace the R25C. Does anybody know which center channel would match the RF-5s the best, in regard to equal loudness and tone? 

Thanks,

John

what @willland said