The Klipsch Audio Community
dwilawyer

FOR SALE - Klipsch B-Stock In-Ceiling and In-Wall Speakers FOR SALE

image.thumb.png.414b9404cc732b2cc21291bd9eafc285.png

Available NOW for Special Purchase From the

Klipsch Museum of Audio History

‘B’ Stock In-Ceiling and In-Wall Speakers - Custom Installation

Whether you’re looking for inexpensive speakers for a multi-room audio system, or high-performance home theater speakers that don’t take up any real estate in your room, Klipsch in-ceiling and in-wall speakers provide the performance you require. 

In-Ceiling and In-Wall speakers are easy to install and virtually invisible. Paintable speaker grilles mean that you’ll barely notice that you even have speakers in your room. 

Limited Quantities Available

Voiced by Chief Bonehead, these ‘B’ Stock items have each been tested in the Klipsch Laboratory to ensure they meet their exacting standards and specifications, then donated to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History. A special thank you to Klipsch Group, Inc. and Roy Delgado (Chief Bonehead) for this incredible donation which The Museum is offering to FORUM FRIENDS FIRST. They have never been installed or used other than being tested for quality control. They are guaranteed to work on arrival. No other warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made with these speakers. No refunds or exchanges except in the unlikely event a speaker arrives DOA and the purchaser notifies us within seven (7) days of receipt of the defective 
condition.

All proceeds accrue to the benefit of the Klipsch Museum of Audio History

See attached PDF file with models available and pricing. To order simply go to the Klipsch Museum Store HERE.

Any questions about these speakers and the sale may be directed to Bill Hendrix @bhendrix via Private Message here on the Forum, or you can email him and the rest of his team at orders@Klipschmuseum.org.  For those who may not know Bill, he was the COO of one of the America's largest Klipsch dealers up until 1980. Since then he has put in a Jubilee HT system in his home, bought and sold almost every HP, KI, KPT speaker ever made, and has set up Klipsch PA systems at churchs, youth camps, and music venues. He also has plenty of experience with Klipsch in-ceiling and in-wall speakers as he has them installed in his home.

Klipsch CI Designer and Custom 122720.pdf

• Like 1

Greetings Forum Family,

This is indeed a great opportunity for forum folks to have first access to speakers donated by Klipsch in support of the museum.  Please note that the prices are but a few dollars over half price.  Roy knows that I have Klipsch in-wall and in-ceiling speakers in my home and have installed them in friends' homes and asked me to share with you.  Each of these speakers was voiced by Roy and, therefore, share the Klipsch signature sound.

I will be purchasing some of these for additional applications in my own home.  My Klipsch pro theater is in need of some ATMOS height speakers and a couple of you have asked about ATMOS height.  ATMOS height runs from about 100Hz up and all of the speakers on the list are capable of serving as ATMOS height.  I will be purchasing two of the DS-180CDT.  The DS-180CDT and the DS-160-CDT both permit modest aiming of both woofer and tweeter.  That will allow us to aim the speakers back a bit.

The CSM speakers are two speakers in one chassis.  There are two tweeters mounted in a dual-voice coil woofer.  Both left and right channel are present in one speaker, much like the AWR-650-SM rock speakers.  I will be buying two of the DS-180CSM to install in the ceiling over a covered patio and two more for a friend's patio ceiling.

The DS-250W LCR look very interesting with similar configuration to the venerable KG-2.5, a real over-achiever.  These should make great LCR speakers in the wall around a TV and even better with a sub.

For the DIY and tinkerers, any of these speakers could be mounted in a little 1 to 1.5 cu ft cabinet for a variety of applications, like a pair of garage speakers.  The in-wall speakers were all designed to be installed in a wall cavity with 16" OC studs and 8' ceiling.  That totals about 2.7 cu ft.  A little floor standing DIY cabinet 12" wide, 12" deep, and 42" high yields about the same volume.  You could build a little mini tower and pop in one of these speakers.  I'm sure y'all will have more creative uses.

Please let me know how I can help or answer questions . . . . 

Bill

• Like 2