Need assistance with RP280-F want to get Center Speaker

rmgmagic

I watch a ton of movies and my wife watches tv and Netflix.  So I just purchased 2 RP280-F's, center RP-450C., SVS PB Sub and running on Marantz 7013.  I have 4 def tech speakers in my ceiling.  I am still within the time period to return the equipment and upgrade.  I was thinking about going crazy and getting the RC 64ciii.  I was told that I would have to upgrade all the Klipsch speakers.  Is that true?  Was trying to figure out if it is worth the money?  Thank everyone in advance for their advice.

• Like 1

You wouldnt have to, no. The guy/guydette who told you that might have been concerned about timbre matching when he/she said that. There is also the aesthetics to think about if that is something you particularly care about. If you go for the rc-64 III, you might want to also swap your rp-280f for a pair of rf-7 III, but it is by no means a necessity. I myself run rp-280f and rp-440c as my front stage and couldnt be happier. There might be some deminishing returns in buying rc64 and rf7 compared to the performance you get for the price of the rp280f and rp450c. Honestly speaking, a demo at a retailer might be your best bet on making up your mind.

• Like 2