WTB Darling or Decware SE84UFO Amp

jcmusic

I am looking for a flea watt powered amp to try in my tri amped system, it will only be driving the two BMS 16 ohm drivers so power is not an  issue. I been listening to my Korneff 45 for years and love it but, I am 63 now and I don't want to pay $600 to replace the EML tubes when they are done. So I am looking for a quality sounding amp that uses cheaper tubes. I like what I have read about these two amps plus what I have read about the 71a tube amps... So contact me with pics, price, and details...

Found no longer looking thanks....

Jay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So after a modest search I ended up with the Decware SE84UFO amp, I have about 50 hours on it now with the stock tubes and it sounds pretty darn good...

I am impressed for sure with this little amp as it sounds as good as my Korneff 45, and i think it can only get better. After making some adjustments to the levels in my tri amped system the sound is much improved and very very smooth!!! I am looking forward to listening more and more....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, tomy2 said:

jcmusic- can you say where you found the SE84UFO? I'm looking for one as well to go with my 396's but they're far and few between finding them used and the wait from Decware right now is around 7 months.

-Tom

Hey Tomy2,

I seen a couple on US Audio Mart a few weeks ago. I got mine from the original owner it was a 2014 model called the CKC model, I sent it in for certification and a lifetime warranty, and while it was there I had Steve upgrade it to the UFO model... It cost a few dollars more but it beats waiting 7 months...

12 hours ago, jcmusic said:

Hey Tomy2,

I seen a couple on US Audio Mart a few weeks ago. I got mine from the original owner it was a 2014 model called the CKC model, I sent it in for certification and a lifetime warranty, and while it was there I had Steve upgrade it to the UFO model... It cost a few dollars more but it beats waiting 7 months...

Thanks for the reply!  I frequent the audio mart so I'll keep an eye. It's all about timing.

6 minutes ago, jcmusic said:

You also might look on the Decware site for a used one like I did and get it upgraded to current model.

Can you say about how much it cost to upgrade yours to the current spec and model?