WTB: CF-4s, ship or drivable from Minneapolis

bpplaysguitar

Hey, new member here and I know - lots of people want CF-4s. But I don't want them until I move out of my apartment into a house, and I don't expect that to happen for at least six months, maybe a year. So I'm putting the word out early, as it seems they don't come up for sale that often. If a solid set comes up for a fair price, by all means I will buy and store them until my move, but I expect I'll have to have some patience.

I'm in the Minneapolis area, but I won't shy away from a reasonable road trip for the right deal.

Thanks!

• Moderators

WELCOME TO THE FOURM

Just a heads up, if you get a private message (PM) form a brand new forum member, little or now history, be vary wary. We have had a number of instances where they have attempted to defraud members. If you receive such a PM you can flag it and it will alert all moderators. 

Since it appears you will be conducting a face to face transaction, and will to pick up, you may not have to worry. 

Good luck with your search. This is the place to be in your quest.

Welcome to the forum @bpplaysguitar.  You are right to put out a WTB for CF-4's as they don't onto the market all that often and when they do, people grab them fast.  I've got the CF-4 v1 and I'm hanging on to mine.

Here is a great thread with lots of CF-4 info.  Good luck finding your speakers.  -Dave

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bpplaysguitar said:

Hey, new member here and I know - lots of people want CF-4s. But I don't want them until I move out of my apartment into a house, and I don't expect that to happen for at least six months, maybe a year. So I'm putting the word out early, as it seems they don't come up for sale that often. If a solid set comes up for a fair price, by all means I will buy and store them until my move, but I expect I'll have to have some patience.

I'm in the Minneapolis area, but I won't shy away from a reasonable road trip for the right deal.

Thanks!

Here ya go.  A tad pricey, but he will ship.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649688353-klipsch-cf-4-speakers/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Here ya go.  A tad pricey, but he will ship.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649688353-klipsch-cf-4-speakers/

Oh yeah that set is also on eBay. I agree it's a bit on the high end. I became a fan of Klipsch because a friend has some really great sets, and I recently went with him to pick up a set of Choruses for $900. I don't know how I could justify spending over $1800 for CF-4s after hearing his Choruses. That said, I'm more a fan of the size/shape of things like the CFs and KLFs than the 80s refrigerators. He has a large living room and I'm not sure I will.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bpplaysguitar said:

Oh yeah that set is also on eBay. I agree it's a bit on the high end. I became a fan of Klipsch because a friend has some really great sets, and I recently went with him to pick up a set of Choruses for $900. I don't know how I could justify spending over $1800 for CF-4s after hearing his Choruses. That said, I'm more a fan of the size/shape of things like the CFs and KLFs than the 80s refrigerators. He has a large living room and I'm not sure I will.

His price will come down as time goes by, as he's dreaming if he thinks they'll actually sell at his ask.    

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

His price will come down as time goes by, as he's dreaming if he thinks they'll actually sell at his ask.    

Whew I'm glad that's not a fair price, because I really want some but really don't want to spend that!

Side note: Might consider the right deal on KLF-30s, open to opinions and yes I read the versus thread on these two and so far have landed on CF-4s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bpplaysguitar said:

Whew I'm glad that's not a fair price, because I really want some but really don't want to spend that!

Side note: Might consider the right deal on KLF-30s, open to opinions and yes I read the versus thread on these two and so far have landed on CF-4s.

dont rule out the cf3 or the klf 20,  the 2 10" woofers are almost as good as the bigger 12s,  especially if you dont have a large room or need max volume... the mid/tweet drivers are the same on the epics. 

cf4 are 108lb each & unless the seller has the original boxes or can make a super sturdy box & packing or crate them,  i wouldnt suggest shipping them. 

7 hours ago, bpplaysguitar said:

I don't know how I could justify spending over $1800 for CF-4s after hearing his Choruses.

the Chorus 1 or 2 have sold relatively cheaper  this year -- CF-4   Always command a higher price as they are a newer klipsch product -

32 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

@bpplaysguitar got a PM, which he flagged (thank you) a Scammer, who has been banned. Same PM, same story. The Scammer joined the Forum back in September, it is impossible to know who many there are just waiting for someone waiting to post a "Wanted" or WTB post. 

Sad state of affairs.  Always best to be on guard and use your best judgment, especially when not being able to pick things up in person. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

the Chorus 1 or 2 have sold relatively cheaper  this year -- CF-4   Always command a higher price as they are a newer klipsch product -

chorus2 & epics are pretty much the same age...  both were made in the same era of mid 1990's.  

4 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

chorus2 & epics are pretty much the same age...  both were made in the same era of mid 1990's.  

Let me be clearer ---the Chorus II was introduced 4 years earlier than the CF-4  By Klipsch  -

Chorus II  was introduced  in 1990  -  

https://www.klipsch.ca/products/chorus-ii-floorstanding-speaker

Epic CF-4  was introduced in 1994 - 

https://www.klipsch.ca/products/cf-4

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Let me be clearer ---the Chorus II was introduced 4 years earlier than the CF-4  By Klipsch  -

Chorus II  was introduced  in 1990  -  

https://www.klipsch.ca/products/chorus-ii-floorstanding-speaker

Epic CF-4  was introduced in 1994 - 

https://www.klipsch.ca/products/cf-4

yes im aware of the years they were made.  let me be clearer---  i said the same basic age from the same basic era,  they were available at the same time for 2 years of the model run, 94-96. 

so that doesnt really qualify the cf4 as a "newer" klipsch product nor is that the reason why cf4s sell for more... they sell for more because they are a much rarer speaker & to most people, are the better speaker of the 2 models mentioned.    

In close to five years of looking, the one-and-only pair I’ve ever seen for sale north of the 49th parallel and a whole bunch of lakes that pour out the Saint Lawrence River into the Atlantic Ocean was listed at $1500 early last year.

And it sat just long enough on CAM to really tease me.

This may be an admission of the only buyer’s regret most Klipsch fans have - not buying it!

• Like 1